Crazy theory [spoilers]

Talk about Dr McNinja and don't be jerks.

Crazy theory [spoilers]

Postby mfess » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:56 pm

I have a theory. My apologies if someone has already posted about this... Also, I'm new to the forum, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules here.

Personally, I was totally floored when we learned that Radical is the Chuck Goodrich of the Radical Lands. One of the coolest reveals ever. So, it got me thinking... Is it possible that Doc is the Chuck Goodrich in the original universe?

First of all, Doc's eyebrows match all the Chucks' eyebrows, so we at least have some physical likeness.

Second, we don't know Doc's first name. It could be Chuck.

Third, we don't know Mitzi's maiden name. It could be Goodrich. (I could be wrong here, but I cannot remember ever learning her maiden name.)

Forth, we don't know what Doc's face looks like. I don't recall for sure, but it seems clear to me that Doc never takes his mask off. Maybe he doesn't know his own face..? Also, we DO know that Rayner has seen Doc's face on all the clones, and Rayner implied that this information would be useful someday - maybe because Doc looks exactly like Goodrich..? (Also, note that Rayner has made a few reappearances lately, such as in today's comic.)

Fifth, we've never met a Chuck Goodrich that didn't arrive in Cumberland through a time portal from a different universe. Also, while it seems that most Chucks are born in the future of their universes, we also know that Chucks can be born in the past too, because King Radical is a Chuck. But we've been told that every universe has a Chuck. So... it's entirely possible that Doc is Cumberland's original "Chuck."

Sixth, we know that Doc is a very good time traveler. I seem to remember that he was able to accurately use the time portals in Futures Trading. Chucks are also very good time travelers.

For me, it all fits together.

What does this mean? Well, I suppose it means Doc will eventually find a time portal and go back in time to prevent some catastrophe that ruins Cumberland in his universe. Such as, oh I dunno, President Radical's reign?

Anyway, this is off-the-wall, and I'm sure people will poke holes in the theory. But I just thought it was interesting and wanted to see what others thought.
mfess
Temple Guard

Re: Crazy theory [spoilers]

Postby Truec » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:03 pm

The only Chuck who came from a different universe was Radichuck. All the other Chucks came from the future of Doc!Universe, that's sort of the whole point.
Truec
Franz Rayner

Postby Danger Schade » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:20 am

I think it's not too much a stretch to consider the prime universe under a different ruleset than the alternate Chuck universes... it is at the center of a lot of time phenomena already. Doc could be an early Chuck.

But if Doc isn't Chuck, it's still possible that he is... CHUCK'S FATHER

Or grandfather. I forget the time difference there. Maybe great grandfather. It would explain the eyebrows. I really like the idea of doc not knowing his own face and being like.... I'M CHUCK???
Danger Schade
Temple Guard

Postby wnfj13 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:04 pm

What if Dr McNinja is actually cumberlands sparklelord?
wnfj13
Temple Guard

Postby Chuckles » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:22 pm

I was thinking the same thing. In fact, since Doc is a collection of clones, somehow Doc is split off into all his clones and sent back to times as all the other Chuck Goodriches, who all somehow forget who they were except for the Radical Lands Chuck Goodrich. I figured this explained the real reason why King Radical never would kill Doc.

However, someone in private message pointed out that Doc's and Chuck Goodrich's (any of them) eye colors are different, so that was shot down.

Maybe Doc is the father of all the Chuck Goodriches? That's something we'll have to wait and see.
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby carmeops » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:49 am

we already know that doc isn't chuck, however, doesn't mean that he isn't related to him:
-doc traveled the time vortex without a time stabilization device, which, according to Chuck, is a rare feat
-doc's real first name is known to only him thus far, so chuck don't know it and might miss the relation
-doc's real face is known to only him and two villains, so chuck can't recognize him from his memories
-we know that something hard is supposed to happen to doc in the future, where he has to hide underground
-McNinja is not their family's real name, they adopted it in the past after their ancestor were saved by a ninja

so, it could well be that:

doc, finally cornered, decide to say his name, freeing the ghost wizard, and since he is in good term with dracula, manage to lift the ghost's curse anyway,

then get the help of dracula or sparklelord or whatever to finally end the two only person in the world that know his face (not even other mcninjas knows the face of the others mcninjas),

then he remove his mask, start using his real name, and the former last name of his ancestors, becoming a complete stranger to everyone, starting his new life as a normal person,

finally he get a family on his own, and name one of his kids in memory of an old friend that sacrified himself to save the world: Chuck Goodrich,

who inherit his father's predisposition for safe time travel and his sense of justice and adventure, that will lead him to get back in time to save the world,

leaving doc assured of his son's success, after all, the chucks always succeed at preventing the end of the world, they are the best at it, they always win.
carmeops
Temple Guard

Postby Stray Cat » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:32 am

I don't think Hastings is going to do the same twist twice... especially with what would be one of the biggest reveals of the whole story. Regardless, Chuck has Goodrich Brown eyes, Doc has McNinja Blue. And the eye color is important, since that was a big part of the showmanship behind the Radichuck reveal.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby zodberg » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:12 am

Every character is a Chuck Goodrich
zodberg
Temple Guard

Postby Stray Cat » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:08 am

I'm Chuck Goodrich.

Beware the Colombian Coffee Monsters. They will awaken in 10 years and devour our kidneys.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby Danger Schade » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Chuckles wrote:Maybe Doc is the father of all the Chuck Goodriches?

WHO IS THE MOTHER
Danger Schade
Temple Guard

Next

Return to The Forums of Dr McNinja