Comic Discussion Thread - November 2015

Talk about Dr McNinja and don't be jerks.

Comic Discussion Thread - November 2015

Postby CheeseWhisper » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:49 pm

Welcome to November, the month of Day of the Dead, Guy Fawkes, and Thanksgiving!

Bonus points if you can invoke all three on the same day.

From last time?
TheDarkFlame wrote:I've been following this forum for a few months now, just to see what ideas people come up with, and man I have no idea how some of you keep these plot elements straight and remember the details you do from a dozen issues ago. It's great and a little bit crazy.

Also, I'd just like to point out: Mitzi is astounded she has a son who isn't a doctor. DSP is right there, Mitzi, come on.

I think they're a little disappointed in Sean's geekness... but then again, Mitzi isn't known for her motherly sensitivity.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - November 2015

Postby strikinglyalert » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:05 pm

Tyrone the Toaster wrote:A few ideas about that golden thing:
It's a phone
It's a pizza slicer
It's going to reverse time
One of these things is not like the others.

Nope, that's definitely the golden Talkboy, which young Doc confiscated from the ghost wizard (and got Gramps killed in the process). It looks like the fourth panel of today's comic shows young Doc scrambling down to retrieve it from where he'd thrown it.
strikinglyalert
Red Cross Vampire

Postby carmeops » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:37 pm

strikinglyalert wrote:Nope, that's definitely the golden Talkboy, which young Doc confiscated from the ghost wizard (and got Gramps killed in the process). It looks like the fourth panel of today's comic shows young Doc scrambling down to retrieve it from where he'd thrown it.

yep, totally the golden talkboy that can summon anyone or anything that has a name just by saying that name into it.

who do you think the doc will call?
if he say Chuck Goodrich, will it summon every versions of chuck currently present in the world including king rad? then explaining to all chucks what Rad is about to do, they all gang up against him and kill rad? since a chuck is the only being able to tame a time portal properly, if they kill rad, the conversion is stopped
carmeops
Temple Guard

Postby Verteiron » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Yeah, saying "Chuck Goodrich" into that thing sounds like a good recipe for a massive crowd, but it might not grab Radical. King Radical's name is no longer Chuck Goodrich: no one may call him by that name again. Does Doc know he is Sir Sicknasty?
Verteiron
Lumberjack

Postby Crow » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:56 pm

Well, that was an awesome twist. I wonder who Doc will summon to his side. (Or how he will use the device if that's not exactly how it works.)
Crow
Temple Guard

Postby carmeops » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Verteiron wrote:Yeah, saying "Chuck Goodrich" into that thing sounds like a good recipe for a massive crowd, but it might not grab Radical. King Radical's name is no longer Chuck Goodrich: no one may call him by that name again. Does Doc know he is Sir Sicknasty?
true names have powers, he was born as chuck goodrich, that's his true name in regard of the magic. And doc probably know his surnames, as he publicly announced them in front of congress, calling them "surnames" himself, so, not his true names.
carmeops
Temple Guard

Postby strikinglyalert » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:36 pm

Verteiron wrote: King Radical's name is no longer Chuck Goodrich: no one may call him by that name again.

Counterpoint: "I am Chuck Goodrich." -- King Rad.

At this point, I'd say the biggest giggle value would be to summon either all the Chucks or all the Docs (including clones). Plot-wise, there's a petrified ghost wizard out there needing to be released by stating Doc's real name.

No reason he couldn't do both, I suppose, or perhaps summon everyone else too for one giant final battle royale. (Or try summoning Ron the Wizard for some reason and discovering he's a parallel version of someone else we know, e.g. Dan, etc.)
strikinglyalert
Red Cross Vampire

Postby Stray Cat » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:05 am

Maybe he'll summon The Robster.

I mean, I would.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby Oversized Twit » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:21 am

I'm guessing he summons Chuck Goodrich, and that all the Chucks that still live get summoned. At which point I wonder...can a NASA astronaut punch his FELLOW NASA astronaut?
Oversized Twit
Temple Guard

Postby TimJ » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:38 am

Dracula hasn't been brought in yet. You think he'd be concerned since the portal is in space!

I realize the flaw is that he should have other ways to contact him.

When the device first showed up, it was said it could summon the dead. Maybe he'll summon Ben Franklin.
TimJ
Temple Guard

Next

Return to The Forums of Dr McNinja