Comic Discussion Thread - JANUARY 2016!!!

Talk about Dr McNinja and don't be jerks.

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - JANUARY 2016!!!

Postby strikinglyalert » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Well they basically have to use bolos, since that's the only way to get Katanakka presents.
strikinglyalert
Red Cross Vampire

Postby Toper » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:24 pm

Raptorbandit wrote:I thought Old exploded? His clone body became unstable and he exploded outside the mcninja home? Or was I mistaken and he was just vanishing in a puff of smoke?

Yes, you can see he's holding a sphere in the previous panel, presumably a smoke bomb.
Toper
Franz Rayner

Postby SCAssassin » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:24 am

CheeseWhisper wrote:Well, we had plenty of people nail it.

The questions, as I see them, are thus:

1) Why is Old still dressed in Doc's garb?
2) Why wouldn't Old have some way to contact Radical, since it appears his employment was never terminated (and certainly not on bad terms)?
3) Do they really think any sort of projectile weapon would be able to hit a fleeing Doc? I realize they said they wouldn't use the bolos if it were really him, but what would they use?
4) Why does Old want to kill Doc? The other guys all have reasons. Does Old just want to take his place?

All of those questions can clearly be answered with the phrase "He is having a mental breakdown."

Also I love the implication McBonald wasn't invited and that he's just there on his own accord.
SCAssassin
Franz Rayner

Postby skim172 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:00 am

CheeseWhisper wrote:Well, we had plenty of people nail it.

The questions, as I see them, are thus:

1) Why is Old still dressed in Doc's garb?
2) Why wouldn't Old have some way to contact Radical, since it appears his employment was never terminated (and certainly not on bad terms)?
3) Do they really think any sort of projectile weapon would be able to hit a fleeing Doc? I realize they said they wouldn't use the bolos if it were really him, but what would they use?
4) Why does Old want to kill Doc? The other guys all have reasons. Does Old just want to take his place?

1) I'm guessing he hasn't changed since running away from home.
2) I think his employment has ended - not in a "you're fired" kind of way, but more of a "my boss disappeared into a phantom negazone a few months back, but I didn't know that, so I guess I'm not working for him anymore? We haven't really talked since our secret conspiracy collapsed" kind of way.
3) People have shot at the Doc before with projectile weapons - and succeeded. With the Doc, they'd probably have used cluster bombs or something.
4) Old has a very valid grievance against Doc - Doc stole his life, forced him into isolation for decades, while destroying his life in the meantime. I mean, that's how it looks from Old's perspective. He {i]is[/i] Patrick McNinja, with the same mind and memories. He spent most of his life in hiding - then he discovered that he didn't need to hide, and had wasted his life. But that life was being used up by someone else, who is him in every way, except actually being him.

It's an existential mindf***, really. Imagine if you discovered that your childhood dog didn't die, but has been alive this whole time ... living with another owner and not missing you at all. And that owner claims to be you and has your face and identity. And while he's quite nice, he's not giving you his/your life back. So after years of lonely isolation, you're now an outsider to your own existence.

And also now your brain is melting because you're a clone.

You might get a bit upset at the situation.

SCAssassin wrote:Also I love the implication McBonald wasn't invited and that he's just there on his own accord.

True, McBonald is standing in the company of the Lord of All Vampires, the King of the Radical Dimension, and the Last Great Dane Action Hero Who's Also a Cyborg Ninja, but in terms of sheer wealth and global recognition, McBonald's has gotta outweigh them all. Throw in the fact that he's also a creepy evil clown who haunts many a child's nightmare (mine) and Ronald Donald can hold his own in supervillainy.

And if we include heart disease and diabetes, McBonald's probably has a body count far in excess of the other three combined. Billions and billions served....
skim172
Lumberjack

Postby SCAssassin » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:51 am

skim172 wrote:in terms of sheer wealth and global recognition, McBonald's has gotta outweigh them all.

Wait a second, so does the world know Radical isn't dead? If Radical isn't dead, wouldn't that mean McBonald stocks and sales would rebound because space did not kill him?"
SCAssassin
Franz Rayner

Postby Stray Cat » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:57 pm

SCAssassin wrote:All of those questions can clearly be answered with the phrase "He is having a mental breakdown."

I'm completely expecting Old's story arc to end with something really really sad.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby berlinknives » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:39 am

You know those organisations that take the first initial of their members.

Franz Rayner
Old "McNinja" (not sure if he really has a surname)
Count Dracula
King Radical
Donald McBonald

I'm going to acuse this cabal of bringing in Old simply for some semi-vulgar vowel Play
dexeron wrote:HOORAY! It's Chekov's Nasaghast!
berlinknives
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby Toper » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:20 am

How can they all tell it's Old? What if it's Doc pretending to be Old?
Toper
Franz Rayner

Postby SCAssassin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:45 am

Toper wrote:How can they all tell it's Old? What if it's Doc pretending to be Old?

That's one of the mysteries that will come through in this final chapter, is Doc still out there? Is Doc pretending to be Old by not falling back on a secret identity? If Doc appears in the very next page, how can we be so sure it's not just Old pretending to be Doc again but better this time and everyone is in on it because he planned it with Doc because Old knows eventually he will die, so it might as well be cool and possibly at the hands of Dracula?

Stay tuned.

On the other hand, they probably don't assume the Doc would panic like this and they're all arrogant enough to think he wouldn't be captured so easily.
SCAssassin
Franz Rayner

Postby gd1 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:33 pm

What if that curse caused everyone to literally ignore Dr. McNinja?
gd1
Temple Guard

PreviousNext

Return to The Forums of Dr McNinja