Comic Discussion Thread - February 2016

Talk about Dr McNinja and don't be jerks.

Comic Discussion Thread - February 2016

Postby kraft_will » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:27 pm

Where did Whitebeard last appear? Can't seem to find it...
kraft_will
Temple Guard

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - February 2016

Postby Toper » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:50 pm

kraft_will wrote:Where did Whitebeard last appear? Can't seem to find it...

Here.

He doesn't appear to have a beard at all, except in lawyer form, and that one isn't white. Perhaps it's his family name, or his parents were particularly eccentric. His human name was Dirk Whitestone, for whatever that's worth.

Socran wrote:Also, the one with the Sorcerer's Apprentice hat and the one with the witch hat swapped colors after the first panel. It's pretty disorienting, because the former has a line in both panels, and it looks like it's coming from two different ghosts. I demand consistency within my ghost wizards!

Oh, good catch... I was wondering about that dialogue, but you're right, the first panel was miscolored. (The forgetful ghost with the moon-and-stars hat is the one who cursed Patrick, and he's always been red.)
Toper
Franz Rayner

Postby dexeron » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:20 pm

OMG... the ghosts are all different colors...

If this doesn't somehow turn into a Pac-Man reference, I will be VERY disappointed.
---
Dexeron: keeping it smooth since 1974.
"Let me tell you what I wish I'd known, when I was young and dreamed of glory.
You have no control: who lives, who dies, who tells your story.
"
dexeron
Lumberjack

Postby strikinglyalert » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:39 pm

Toper wrote:
Socran wrote:Also, the one with the Sorcerer's Apprentice hat and the one with the witch hat swapped colors after the first panel. It's pretty disorienting, because the former has a line in both panels, and it looks like it's coming from two different ghosts. I demand consistency within my ghost wizards!

Oh, good catch... I was wondering about that dialogue, but you're right, the first panel was miscolored. (The forgetful ghost with the moon-and-stars hat is the one who cursed Patrick, and he's always been red.)

And in today's page it's swapped back. (The red one is back to having a brim on his hat, which he has now even though he didn't use to.)
strikinglyalert
Red Cross Vampire

Postby Verteiron » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Donald is genre-savvy.
Verteiron
Lumberjack

Postby judasmulderrig » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:24 pm

Hypothesis:
Old will realize he can never return to the life he wants, and will switch places with Doc and die in his place. Possibly, it may even be Old that we saw in the tunnels, since inter-dimensional tunnels can't tell the difference between people and their clones.
judasmulderrig
Temple Guard

Postby Truec » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:31 am

judasmulderrig wrote:since inter-dimensional tunnels can't tell the difference between people and their clones.

That's kind of a weird thing to assume.
Truec
Franz Rayner

Postby Toper » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Truec wrote:That's kind of a weird thing to assume.

This is kind of a weird place. :D
Toper
Franz Rayner

Postby strikinglyalert » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:54 pm

judasmulderrig wrote:Hypothesis:
Old will realize he can never return to the life he wants, and will switch places with Doc and die in his place. Possibly, it may even be Old that we saw in the tunnels, since inter-dimensional tunnels can't tell the difference between people and their clones.

The dialogue from the page that needn't be linked is pretty unambiguous that it was the same Doc who'd been jumping through time with Chuck.

If you mean the actual tunnels, that was definitely the same Doc but younger (and before Old got cloned in college).
strikinglyalert
Red Cross Vampire

Postby judasmulderrig » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:52 am

strikinglyalert wrote:
judasmulderrig wrote:Hypothesis:

The dialogue from the page that needn't be linked is pretty unambiguous that it was the same Doc who'd been jumping through time with Chuck.

If you mean the actual tunnels, that was definitely the same Doc but younger (and before Old got cloned in college).

That's where there terribly logical conclusion about the portal not being able to tell the difference between a doctor and his clone comes in: That the Doc was sorta.. inhabiting his future... clone-self.... body? I don't know this comic has tricky lobster people and helicopter head ents I can't rule it out
judasmulderrig
Temple Guard

Next

Return to The Forums of Dr McNinja