Comic Discussion Thread - June 2016

Talk about Dr McNinja and don't be jerks.

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - June 2016

Postby daysofcoleco » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:08 am

If Gordito can make Monster Mart commercials with Martin his head might explode with glee.
daysofcoleco
Temple Guard

Postby Veya » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:06 am

Honestly, I don't see how getting Martin's powers could be perceived as a bad thing, because even if you really don't want to turn into a purple giant, it is controllable, the transformation happens when you get really angry, and Gordito literally lives with a bunch of ninjas, if they don't have any kind of meditation shaninegans that help control emotions they would be really bad ninja, which we know they aren't.
Veya
Lumberjack

Postby zodberg » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:12 pm

Gordito can't catch purple Hulkism, he's Latino.
zodberg
Temple Guard

Postby SCAssassin » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:38 am

Veya wrote:Honestly, I don't see how getting Martin's powers could be perceived as a bad thing, because even if you really don't want to turn into a purple giant, it is controllable, the transformation happens when you get really angry, and Gordito literally lives with a bunch of ninjas, if they don't have any kind of meditation shaninegans that help control emotions they would be really bad ninja, which we know they aren't.

The main problem was that his intelligence goes down and his naivety goes up, so if the right person manipulated him it would lead to a lot of grief. But yeah having a healthy stable of friends and family could probably mitigate that downside.
SCAssassin
Franz Rayner

Postby Keaton » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:56 am

This comic.

This entire series.

It's the prequel the Bad Dudes.
Keaton
Temple Guard

Postby Chuckles » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:12 am

Dan, be careful. Just because Dracula lost his moon laser when the unicorn attacked, that doesn't mean he didn't have the ghost wizards create another moon laser. . . .
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby Stray Cat » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:11 am

I have a feeling Doc's assessment of their expectations is a bit off. I mean, why would they expect Gordito to be with him but not the rest of his family? Old knows that they're all together. I bet the POINT of this little exercise is to split them apart.

He's underestimating Dracula just like he underestimated McBonald.

Also, Doc keeps expecting tropes and they keep defying them. They're basically using his comic-bookie plot-device knowledge against him. For all we know those two signs are just blatant lies.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby CheeseWhisper » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:14 pm

Stray Cat wrote:I have a feeling Doc's assessment of their expectations is a bit off. I mean, why would they expect Gordito to be with him but not the rest of his family? Old knows that they're all together. I bet the POINT of this little exercise is to split them apart.

He's underestimating Dracula just like he underestimated McBonald.

Also, Doc keeps expecting tropes and they keep defying them. They're basically using his comic-bookie plot-device knowledge against him. For all we know those two signs are just blatant lies.

These are my concerns as well. I mean, the negazone lied, so why wouldn't Dracula? Is he Lawful Evil or something?

Also, how is he going to whip up a cure right there with no equipment?
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby CheeseWhisper » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:15 pm

I think they should just have Martin dismantle the castle in chunks, while they all stand by and see what comes out.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby Stray Cat » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:02 pm

CheeseWhisper wrote:I think they should just have Martin dismantle the castle in chunks, while they all stand by and see what comes out.

Yeah, you see, that would be smart. Martin is probably the one thing the Radical Council or whatever they are weren't planning for. So just send him punching through walls.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

PreviousNext

Return to The Forums of Dr McNinja