Comic Discussion Thread - July 2016

Talk about Dr McNinja and don't be jerks.

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - July 2016

Postby berlinknives » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:12 am

SCAssassin wrote:
Stray Cat wrote:I bet they're doing this to save Gordito.

Put the mcninjas in the pool and the boy doesn't get it.

The boy's a vampire with guns, he's already got it. :gordito

Ghost wizard is next in continuity after zombies ... Either that or Franz Rayner ... Could it be Franz and Hortense in masks?
dexeron wrote:HOORAY! It's Chekov's Nasaghast!
berlinknives
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby Stray Cat » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:48 am

Also, does anybody here really believe Old can handle the Negazone in his fragile mental state?
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby TheSchaef » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:38 pm

strikinglyalert wrote:Patrick is in the process of landing in the water and looks off to the side, spots Martin hogtied, and realizes the statement about Martin was a lie.

This was part of where my confusion stemmed. The first panel looks like he's pushing off to take a step or leap, which threw me because previously he was in mid air. The last panel from the other comic tricked my eyes into thinking the pool was raised, although if you look at it in other, wider shots it is in fact flush against the floor.

Correcting for those two errors (mine), I see things more clearly now.

skim172 wrote:I think they're looking genuinely sad, rather than "sidelong". That may actually be Mitzi and Dan, and they've been forced into this decision by factors outside their control...

This interpretation I agree with because it's one of the few things I gathered from the images. Whatever else is going on, they're not happy about it. Her eyes are closed and buried in Dan's chest, while Dan just looks heartbroken.
TheSchaef
Temple Guard

Postby Sloth_d » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Stray Cat wrote:Also, does anybody here really believe Old can handle the Negazone in his fragile mental state?

Maybe that'll play in their favor and the Negazone doesn't work well with someone that's already kinda insane. I mean King Radical was able to deal living in the Negazone for quite some time and he's kinda nuts.

TheSchaef wrote:Whatever else is going on, they're not happy about it.

Then it's interesting to consider that whatever they're doing, Martin wanted none of that and they had to subdue and tie him up.
Sloth_d
Temple Guard

Postby Stray Cat » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:08 pm

Sloth_d wrote:
Stray Cat wrote:Also, does anybody here really believe Old can handle the Negazone in his fragile mental state?

Maybe that'll play in their favor and the Negazone doesn't work well with someone that's already kinda insane. I mean King Radical was able to deal living in the Negazone for quite some time and he's kinda nuts.

Radical's nuts... but he's not exactly damaged, you know? Poor Old's kinda damaged.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby Slortex » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Maybe Radical offered a choice between saving Gordito and Funkhouser to Dan and company - Dan, Mitzi, Judy, and Yoshi would obviously choose Gordito, but Martin wouldn't be as close to him and might opt to save the President?
Slortex
Temple Guard

Postby Stray Cat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Slortex wrote:Maybe Radical offered a choice between saving Gordito and Funkhouser to Dan and company - Dan, Mitzi, Judy, and Yoshi would obviously choose Gordito, but Martin wouldn't be as close to him and might opt to save the President?

It's hard to say. Last we saw previously, Dan and Mitzi got separated from everyone else including Martin by a steel door.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby Stray Cat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:03 pm

Oh crap. Are they gonna have to fight Axe Cop?
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby NullDragon » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:31 am

FAN THEORY: it's actually the negazone, and the SPIRIT OF THE NEGAZONE is trying to break Dr. McNinja(and his clone). By weird illusion things.
NullDragon
Temple Guard

Postby Verteiron » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:01 pm

NullDragon wrote:FAN THEORY: it's actually the negazone, and the SPIRIT OF THE NEGAZONE is trying to break Dr. McNinja(and his clone). By weird illusion things.

I still maintain that Doc's been in the Negazone ever since "A Bad Enough Dude". It's the only way anything that's happened since makes the slightest sense. One by one, Doc's worst fears are being realized, just like the sign said.

Okay, even I don't think Hasting would actually do the "...and then Doc woke up" ending, but it really does feel that way. Everything that happened between then and now served to only build up his self-confidence to staggering levels... and then tear him down piece-by-piece. And this entire "Invading the White House" sequence has felt totally unreal.
Verteiron
Lumberjack

PreviousNext

Return to The Forums of Dr McNinja