Comic Discussion Thread - October 2016

Talk about Dr McNinja and don't be jerks.

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - October 2016

Postby TheSchaef » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:57 pm

I'm not sure lighting Doc on fire is a path to victory for Rad.

Not if Doc learned anything from Dan, anyway. Rad may have just rendered his opponent untouchable.
TheSchaef
Temple Guard

Postby Sloth_d » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:10 am

Truec wrote:Huh, I wonder if there was a way Radical could have brought the radical people to Doc!verse without needing to transpose them with existing people, dooming the Doc!verse citizens to the death he's trying to save his own people from.

Because I think Doc would have been totally on board with him if not for that.

I'm not so sure. I mean, Doc disliked Radical since before he showed himself as a villain, he was not having any of his radical stuff from the very start.
Sloth_d
Temple Guard

Postby CheeseWhisper » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:44 am

Also, Rad has killed a lot of other people (like his own scientists) and he's been kind of a jerk to his associates.

And now he's going to out-sword the ninja. Granted, Doc has no sword now, but I can't see that stopping him for long.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby Stray Cat » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:24 am

CheeseWhisper wrote:Also, Rad has killed a lot of other people (like his own scientists) and he's been kind of a jerk to his associates.

And now he's going to out-sword the ninja. Granted, Doc has no sword now, but I can't see that stopping him for long.

He can get his sword back. Ninja tricks. Remember?
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby Truec » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:04 pm

Sloth_d wrote:
Truec wrote:Huh, I wonder if there was a way Radical could have brought the radical people to Doc!verse without needing to transpose them with existing people, dooming the Doc!verse citizens to the death he's trying to save his own people from.

Because I think Doc would have been totally on board with him if not for that.

I'm not so sure. I mean, Doc disliked Radical since before he showed himself as a villain, he was not having any of his radical stuff from the very start.

Doc disliked Radical when he found out Radical was the mob kingpin of Cumberland. Which he wouldn't have needed to do if not for his convoluted scheme to power up the portal.
Truec
Franz Rayner

Postby Veya » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:56 am

While Rad has a bit of a point about the reason Doc hates him to be petty at best, and Doc never tried diplomacy of any kind, Doc wasn't wrong, Rad is still a prejudiced monster, so while Doc IS right for the wrong reasons, he is still right.

That said, I am feeling Doc is acting a bit too much like Rorschach recently, I mean, everyone here knows the end of Watchmen, right?(I mean, come on, it's 30 years old...) how Rorschach choose to die because he couldn't live in the world Ozymandias created without trying to destroy it, regardless if said world is better or not? this is kinda where Rad has a point again, he is a popular leader who, while prejudiced, wouldn't go out of his way to harm the non-Radical people of the world if there is no benefit to him(and the main benefit he looked for was to bring his people into Doc's world), the best outcome for humanity at large may really be to let Rad win at this point, but doing so is an extremelly morally-grey choice at best.

However, I still want Doc to deck Rad in the nards because he is a dinkhead that killed the best Chuck.
Veya
Lumberjack

Postby Truec » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:32 am

Veya wrote:the best outcome for humanity at large may really be to let Rad win at this point, but doing so is an extremelly morally-grey choice at best.

How is the best outcome for humanity the one where they all die in the destroyed Radical Lands? Because that is what Radical tried to do, you mgiht recall. He wasn't making people's lives better, he was replacing humans from Doc!verse with radicalbeings from Radical!verse.
Truec
Franz Rayner

Postby SCAssassin » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:40 am

Veya wrote:this is kinda where Rad has a point again, he is a popular leader who, while prejudiced, wouldn't go out of his way to harm the non-Radical people of the world if there is no benefit to him(and the main benefit he looked for was to bring his people into Doc's world), the best outcome for humanity at large may really be to let Rad win at this point, but doing so is an extremelly morally-grey choice at best.

You realize like at most like 5% or 10% of the world's population conforms to Radical's standards and the rest are all gonna die, yeah? Like it's not a small number of lives will be gone if he finds a way to get the radical portal back again, we're talking a mass genocide of completely normal human in order to accommodate crazed beings from another dimension.

Also Gordito looks totes guilty.
SCAssassin
Franz Rayner

Postby Stray Cat » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:34 am

Wonder what the Pope's up to.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby Veya » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:00 am

Truec wrote:How is the best outcome for humanity the one where they all die in the destroyed Radical Lands? Because that is what Radical tried to do, you mgiht recall. He wasn't making people's lives better, he was replacing humans from Doc!verse with radicalbeings from Radical!verse.

I should have clarified... I don't believe there is another portal and I am working on the assumption there is not, Doc distrupted one, Sparkledancer destroyed the other, and without the space-time portal, Rad can't possibly further his plan, and without being able to further his plans, he poses no major threat to the non-rad population of the world.

Also, I was under the impression that people from DocVerse weren't being pushed into the Radical Lands, but rather into a third, even lamer universe which is implied to be our universe? unless I missed something about that along the way...
Veya
Lumberjack

PreviousNext

Return to The Forums of Dr McNinja