Comic Discussion Thread - October 2016

Talk about Dr McNinja and don't be jerks.

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - October 2016

Postby TheSchaef » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:51 pm

Veya wrote:I should have clarified... I don't believe there is another portal and I am working on the assumption there is not, Doc distrupted one, Sparkledancer destroyed the other, and without the space-time portal, Rad can't possibly further his plan, and without being able to further his plans, he poses no major threat to the non-rad population of the world.

Even notwithstanding the portal, he blew up Congress and had a bunch of ninjas murdered to produce a fast food commercial. He ostensibly murdered a child just to mess with Doc.

The only threat no longer posed is that of merging the universes. Left in power, there seems little doubt his continued efforts to make the Docverse more radical would involve eliminating non-radical people.
TheSchaef
Temple Guard

Postby Sloth_d » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:14 pm

It feels like Radical completely disregards the lives of non-radical people, he doesn't care if anyone on Doc's Earth live or die. Even if he can't go through his original plan anymore, he's not someone you'd like to have in charge of the country.

He might start a nuclear war just hoping that the radiation turns the population into cool mutants.
Sloth_d
Temple Guard

Postby CheeseWhisper » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:32 pm

Stray Cat wrote:Wonder what the Pope's up to.

And Dracula. I hope they meet up soon; I'd like to see some holiness unleashed.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby skim172 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:28 am

Veya wrote:
Truec wrote:How is the best outcome for humanity the one where they all die in the destroyed Radical Lands? Because that is what Radical tried to do, you mgiht recall. He wasn't making people's lives better, he was replacing humans from Doc!verse with radicalbeings from Radical!verse.

I should have clarified... I don't believe there is another portal and I am working on the assumption there is not, Doc distrupted one, Sparkledancer destroyed the other, and without the space-time portal, Rad can't possibly further his plan, and without being able to further his plans, he poses no major threat to the non-rad population of the world.

Also, I was under the impression that people from DocVerse weren't being pushed into the Radical Lands, but rather into a third, even lamer universe which is implied to be our universe? unless I missed something about that along the way...

I'm pretty sure the idea is that the people in McNinja universe get wiped out of existence. They're being used as a portal to allow a denizen of the Radical Lands to enter through. Why would this cause the normal person to be displaced into the third, lamer, "Honda Accord" universe? There's no vital link between the Radical person and the Doc-verse person - it's not like they're doppelgangers who can't exist in the same universe, so one of them has to be rerouted somewhere else. The Doc-Verse person is being used as a doorway - and then they're gone.

As for whether there is another portal - it's clear from Radical's villainous monologue that he's still pursuing that plan. Which means either that (a) he know exactly how to proceed to carry out the plan, in which case goodbye 95% of the world population, or (b) he doesn't know, but he's going to try regardless. And King Radical doesn't care about the value of life or the greater good, so he'll destroy anything and everything to achieve his goal.

King Radical is neither benevolent or benign. On occasion, his actions coincide with benefiting other people - but that is not his goal or even his concern. And he won't just sit back and watch either - he'll be out there doing every goddamn thing he can to achieve his dream ... and if he can't, well, I wouldn't like to see the destructive absolute ruler when he's frustrated.

Yes, King Radical is cool. He's cool in the way the Joker is cool. Or Darth Vader is cool. The charismatic villain - they're wild, they're dangerous, but ultimately, they will punch your baby without a second's hesitation. It's easy to see why King Rad is so popular - because he's violent and funny and unpredictable and consequently, very entertaining. But make no mistake about it - he's a monster.

Back to the comic - Is the Doc trying to use Dracula to vampify King Rad? I'm not certain how that would help - unless he has a bag of rice handy...
skim172
Lumberjack

Postby Chuckles » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:37 am

I see Dr. McNinja has gotten into the World Series spirit by picking up a bat. . . .
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby Icalasari » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:46 am

Is Doc about to out rad King Radical by using a vampire to bludgeon him to death?

I mean hell, he might even let Doc get a few free hits in just because that is inherently awesome
Icalasari
Temple Guard

Postby srbingham » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:05 am

Icalasari wrote:Is Doc about to out rad King Radical by using a vampire to bludgeon him to death?

I mean hell, he might even let Doc get a few free hits in just because that is inherently awesome

I think so. Doc is going to hit king Radical with Dracula.
Which, really, just continues to prove Radical's point.
I feel like there is going to be a bitter, "keep what you kill" moment when Doc defeats rad, and the little tattoo birdies come out and brand Doc as "most rad," leaving him with the responsibilities for all of the Radical Lands, such as they remain.
srbingham
Temple Guard

Postby berlinknives » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:03 am

Icalasari wrote:Is Doc about to out rad King Radical by using a vampire to bludgeon him to death?

Best Hallowe'en strip EVER!
dexeron wrote:HOORAY! It's Chekov's Nasaghast!
berlinknives
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby strikinglyalert » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:19 pm

Two pages today, so make sure you see both #115 and #116.
strikinglyalert
Red Cross Vampire

Postby TheSchaef » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:24 pm

Death by Dracula Sword.

Just like that old gypsy woman said!
TheSchaef
Temple Guard

PreviousNext

Return to The Forums of Dr McNinja