Comic Discussion Thread - December 2016

Talk about Dr McNinja and don't be jerks.

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - December 2016

Postby Crow » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:08 am

Hinnaku wrote:This all feels very rushed. These villains have been built up for a decade in this comic and they aren't evening fighting before being one shot. I know Hastings has many other, more profitable, projects to work on. But it is still sad that finale has felt rushed this entire time.

I went back and started reading 'The End' from part one, and I think the story actually reads quite nicely when taken together. I've really enjoyed this final story, although as Berlinknives brought up, I would have liked more resolution to the "furry octopus thing," and although I'm sure we'll see Hortense at least once (possibly going off into the sunset with Doc or something, a la Dark Knight Rises), it would have been nice to see more of her. (Also I thought it was strange that Sparklelord got brought back just to disappear.)

'Course, if Hastings had some final twist in mind that kept the story going for a little longer, I wouldn't complain either, though it doesn't look like we're going in that direction.

But all in all, I think 'The End' has been a really enjoyable callback to all the things I loved about this comic. I'll be sad to see it go, and I wish Hastings the best in his career.
Crow
Temple Guard

Postby Azureflame » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:49 am

Actually I'm kind of happy with this short-and-sweet killings, which seem true to the ninja way. That and for all the convoluted BS that Frans and Rad went through to get to this point, it's kind of nice to see them so simply defeated once and for all. Even if Rad's undoing was kind of convoluted. Except it basically came down to hitting him with a combo more radical than the Most Rad, which is a pretty good response to this http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/15p72/

So yeah, I'm actually pretty happy with how this is going.
Azureflame
Temple Guard

Postby Stray Cat » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:12 am

McBonald is the last one left. He arguably did the most damage to McNinja too.

Who'd've thnk it?
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby TimJ » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:13 am

While his death was a single frame, I actually think Franz being killed so quickly is the end of a longer defeat. He got to see his plans fall apart and have Dan laugh at him for several pages. I don't think it could have been more satisfying for Dan if went any other way.
TimJ
Temple Guard

Postby Chuckles » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:20 am

Okay, Franz is dead. All five are dead. Comic's over. Everyone go home. . . . ;)
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby Hyacinth » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:57 am

*SNAP*
That was just too damn satisfying.
Hyacinth
Temple Guard

Postby SCAssassin » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 pm

And it was the best Christmas Eve ever.
SCAssassin
Franz Rayner

Postby Azureflame » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Also Dan had a lot more reason to do it than Doc. Whereas after a few encounters Doc saw Frans, KB and even Mongo as just more disposable baddies http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/30p28/ And funny thing: McBonald isn't dead, just unconscious http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/33p37/ but also the most he ever did was *try* to kill someone.
Azureflame
Temple Guard

Postby cybermagi » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:17 pm

Looks like Dan figured out Frans latest weak spot (unless Frans lost that ability) while he was taking the time to laugh. Dan is leader of the Ninja's for sure. It's that moustache of authority that does the trick.

http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/5p4/
http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/5p6/

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
"Yes I am a wizard, before you might ask."
cybermagi
Red Cross Vampire

Postby Chuckles » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:14 pm

It's so funny. People before said McBonald isn't dead. Others of us pointed out that first hit caused McBonald to slur his words, indicating a severe head injury, and the second hit was even harder.

Not only that, but his wig fell off, and when a clown's wig falls off, that's it. The clown is dead.

Then those who think he's still alive just repeat themselves as if no one said anything to the contrary.

Hey, if it makes you feel better to think McBonald is alive because he didn't get shot, blown up, run over, cut through with a chainsaw, turned into a vampire and hit by a pope, fried by the sun or had his neck snapped, then by all means feel that McBonald is still alive.

I, on the other hand, will leave the dead in the past and look forward to seeing what came of Hortense and Robster.
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

PreviousNext

Return to The Forums of Dr McNinja