Comic Discussion Thread - January 2017

Talk about Dr McNinja and don't be jerks.

Comic Discussion Thread - January 2017

Postby Truec » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:44 am

This is very probably our last month of The Adventures of Dr. McNinja. I think we should all take a moment of silence to acknowledge the end of an era.

But this is the internet, and we're all typing.

I can't tell if Mitzi is considering Doc dead since he'll never show himself to his family again, or if she's just acknowledging that he never observed Katanakka in the first place.
Truec
Franz Rayner

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - January 2017

Postby Verteiron » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:18 am

Also... w00t, the forum's back!
Verteiron
Lumberjack

Postby SCAssassin » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:42 am

Truec wrote:I can't tell if Mitzi is considering Doc dead since he'll never show himself to his family again, or if she's just acknowledging that he never observed Katanakka in the first place.

He still observed it for the sake of the family. But now after everything's that happened, Mitzi acknowledges he wouldn't anymore.
SCAssassin
Franz Rayner

Postby strikinglyalert » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:18 am

Gordito celebrates too sometimes, but maybe only in the sense that Hortense is doing so here.
strikinglyalert
Red Cross Vampire

Postby TheEndIsNigh » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:38 am

Hey, could someone please explain to me the whole "We lost a son - He can never trust us again" thing? Is the idea here that their failure (them getting caught) somehow justifies Doc never contacting them again? Cause that seems a bit extreme.
(Unless I forgot/didn't get some crucial part of the last chapter.)
TheEndIsNigh
Temple Guard

Postby skim172 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:46 pm

TheEndIsNigh wrote:Hey, could someone please explain to me the whole "We lost a son - He can never trust us again" thing? Is the idea here that their failure (them getting caught) somehow justifies Doc never contacting them again? Cause that seems a bit extreme.
(Unless I forgot/didn't get some crucial part of the last chapter.)

Probably this moment. Even though he understands that it was to save Gordito's life, they still gave him up to King Radical. A move that probably would've resulted in his death (and technically kinda did, since Old got chainsawed). It's tough to trust your parents after that.

It's also very possible that the Doc is now a fugitive. He's the man who killed the most popular president ever (even though that guy totally had it coming). I think Mitzi's statement is indicating that the Doc is on the run, in hiding somewhere, without any contact with his family - thus, he won't be celebrating with them. Perhaps, he might've done the ultimate ninja act of removing his mask and slipping away into the world forever. And they'll never see him again.

... If so, then this is actually kind of a downer ending.

Why is Hortense there anyway? She hasn't been to previous Katanakka celebrations. She's not a "real" ninja - not like the McNinjas are. She's a professional merc who knows some ninja tricks, but she doesn't live the life the way the McNInjas do.

Also, she was a secondary antagonist throughout most of the final chapters and a primary lieutenant to their son's nemesis. That seems like it would make things very awkward.
skim172
Lumberjack

Postby Steneub » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:44 pm

Verteiron wrote:Also... w00t, the forum's back!

https://twitter.com/Steneub/status/817848735547924484

:mrgreen:
THE GREATEST SNACK OF ALL IS BITE SIZED TWIX AND I WILL NEVER CHOOSE ANOTHER FOOD BEFORE IT IF GIVEN THE OPTION
Steneub
Lumberjack

Postby Slortex » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:07 am

TheEndIsNigh wrote:Hey, could someone please explain to me the whole "We lost a son - He can never trust us again" thing?

http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/9p32/

Basically, Ninjas don't trust anyone, even other ninja/family. The mask is their final layer of protection, as they are masked at birth. By removing it, Doc can't risk his family knowing his face and possibly betraying him and must live in hiding.
Slortex
Temple Guard

Postby TimJ » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:24 am

I'm calling it now: Doc is the new VP.
TimJ
Temple Guard

Postby Chuckles » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:18 am

Doesn't Gordito celebrate Katanakka? Dan's still there? DSP still there?

I want the math to refer to Patrick's disappearance, but I have to go fuzzy to get there. . . .
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Next

Return to The Forums of Dr McNinja