Comic Discussion Thread - January 2017

Talk about Dr McNinja and don't be jerks.

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - January 2017

Postby Chuckles » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:03 am

8 more pages of Austin Powers-like cover ups, except instead of hiding Doc's privates, Hastings will hide Doc's face. . .

Not that Doc's privates would be showing either. . .
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby Drahken » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:58 am

Don't do it. Never show us his face. Leave it a mystery. Like V in V for Vendetta. It's to be left to the imagination like the shark in Jaws or the Alien in... uh... well I forget the name. ;p
Drahken
Temple Guard

Postby Stray Cat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:07 am

CheeseWhisper wrote:This alt text is funny because McBonald was the only one to actually injure Doc in the boss showdown.

Also... aside from the ick factor, tasting your patient's vomit can't be healthy.

Old had a good go at it though. Dislocated Doc's jaw. Gave him a good beatdown.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby Stray Cat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:08 am

Drahken wrote:Don't do it. Never show us his face. Leave it a mystery. Like V in V for Vendetta. It's to be left to the imagination like the shark in Jaws or the Alien in... uh... well I forget the name. ;p

Eh, with this much suspense, let's just see his face already. I bet it's pretty normal, like his name.

Also, Blond Doctor Hospital was my favorite soap opera.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby cybermagi » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:03 am

Blond Doctor Hospital looks like a nice place to be an ex-ninja doctor.
"Yes I am a wizard, before you might ask."
cybermagi
Red Cross Vampire

Postby Toper » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Looks like cockatrice juice to me.
Toper
Franz Rayner

Postby LaughingTarget » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Got a weird feeling it will be Dr. Chuck Goodrich.
LaughingTarget
Lumberjack

Postby Rezer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:43 pm

srbingham wrote:So in about 8 more pages of fake-outs we should finally see his face?

Wasn't much of a fake-out...in hiding or not, when vomit's flying directly at your face ninja reflexes take over. That man clearly only has doctor reflexes.
Rezer
Temple Guard

Postby LawCleaver » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:37 pm

Stray Cat wrote:
Drahken wrote:Don't do it. Never show us his face. Leave it a mystery. Like V in V for Vendetta. It's to be left to the imagination like the shark in Jaws or the Alien in... uh... well I forget the name. ;p

Eh, with this much suspense, let's just see his face already. I bet it's pretty normal, like his name.

Also, Blond Doctor Hospital was my favorite soap opera.

How many times do you reckon that the good Doctor has broken his nose? Or his jaw? Or his cheekbones?

He's going to look like Mickey Rourke in 'The Wrestler,' all scars and bumps and twisted cartilage. :shock:
It always starts the same way. I am in the garden airing my terrapin Jetta when he walks past my gate, that mysterious man in black and white.
'Hello Doctor,' I say. 'What are you doing in Dusseldorf?'
LawCleaver
Witch Gorilla

Postby AstralFire » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:34 am

First off: thanks for the ride, Dr. Hastings. This webcomic is the second-to-last plot-based comic I followed on a religious basis.

I gotta say though, while I enjoyed the ride and I enjoyed the concept of the ending, I feel the one doesn't lead to the other all that effectively. Sparklelord's (and the Ghost Wizard's) build up just to get used as a DeM that immediately winks out of the story compared to the great lengths gone to in order to piss off Dracula and make sure he gets offed simply feels rushed and abrupt. I also don't really buy Doc actually breaking ties so hard.

Doc also largely hasn't given two flips about McNinja tradition up 'til now, but he's willing to follow it ironclad and break off ties with Judy, Gordito, Marty Monster, etc., and he even guessed his parents had been coerced when they betrayed him.
I like the journey, I like the destination, I just don't think the journey effectively led to the destination.

But writing a webcomic and writing full time for traditional comics must be exhausting. I'm guessing there was some burnout there. So, really, thanks for the ride. Still my favorite webcomic of all time.
AstralFire
Temple Guard

PreviousNext

Return to The Forums of Dr McNinja