If you're new to this, start here

Home of our "Noir" story threads. Come for the plotlines, stay for the coffee. And the pie. It's really good pie.

If you're new to this, start here

Postby Owen » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:47 am

"Noir? What's that?"

Those of you who haven't been in here before may be wondering what all this is about. The Noir threads are a series of storytelling threads which started with "The P.I. Casefiles" then grew to the point where we decided we needed our own subforum to contain it.

As you may have guessed, the setting is typically in a "Noir" style - think The Big Sleep, or more recently the Max Payne games - but it won't take long reading the threads to see that it doesn't stop there. It takes all sorts to make a city, after all. The place? A city named Wasusy.

The best way to explain it is to start reading some threads, but be warned - it may not take long reading the threads to get hopelessly confused. That's ok! Chances are, so is everyone else. For this reason, we have discussion threads running parallel to each new episode, and thanks to the tireless efforts of 42th (the creator of the original Noir thread) and others, we have a summary to help those of you who are new get into it without having to read a hundred-odd pages of story.

If you're interested in joining in, all you have to do is think of a character and start writing. Good luck! We'll see you in Wasusy.
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Re: If you're new to this, start here

Postby Owen » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:43 am

[Bump to put this at the top]
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Return to Forum Noir