The future

Home of our "Noir" story threads. Come for the plotlines, stay for the coffee. And the pie. It's really good pie.

Re: The future

Postby Owen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:58 am

Ok, my turn to pitch in with some opinions:
I like the idea behind the reboot thing, but I understand people want to keep characters and storylines going. I think that was the idea of starting a Volume 2 thread in the first place, and it did draw a few people in. So perhaps it's time for Volume 4 to begin soon?

Secondly, I think you're right that we could do with a membership drive of some sort. Depending what it is, I wouldn't mind running some sort of "event" in the other forums, for example, to draw attention to the noir. I'm open to ideas on this one!

It's probably also worth bearing in mind that the nwar has taken on something of a life of its own with regards to the rest of the forum. If any of you know people who would enjoy this sort of thing, why not invite them to come along and join?

I should also say that I think the slowdown has been made worse by all the 500 errors we've been getting lately, so I'd like to apologise and thank you all for your patience with these. Hopefully we'll have them fixed soon :(
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Postby xkazzoo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:20 am

Hmm, no new noir in a week. Im beginning to think that maybe Seamus was correct in proposing a reboot, just to get a fun fresh start.
N.W.A.R.S

May the power of mustache protect you.
xkazzoo
Curiously Oblivious
Ninja

Postby MetalNinja » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:28 pm

Personally I think it's the lack of what made it huge in the first place that's slowed it down a little. Back when we were constantly in the thread because there were always new posts and new twists, it was pretty damn complex, rather random and altogether pretty... erm.. wacky? :?
Now that there's more structure to it and that it seems to have become a bit more serious, it seems as if quite a few of those who kept it going as well as keeping it fresh by coming up with something that could involve all of the characters in a frantic storyline don't or hardly post at all.
I still enjoy the noir but that's just the reason I feel it's slowed down a little, a slight lack in spontaneity (my own writing DEFINITELY included within that). But of course that's just my opinion.
The probability of a random object being a scone is 1 in 6
MetalNinja
I am a cybernetic organism, living tissue over endoskeleton.
Doctor

Postby the_shankmaster » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:27 pm

I think noir is slow because I have a job. If I were at home I'd be nwarin' more, and if I were nwarin more Jenny'd be nwarin' more, and if Jenny were narwin more she' d be poking people to nwar more. I'll get a post out this weekend, I promise.

Though Jenny if they do this reboot, you and I could totally just write our own collabonwar forever and ever.
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

Postby starseedjenny » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:48 am

the_shankmaster wrote:if Jenny were narwin more she' d be poking people to nwar more

nobody's ever around in the box to nag anymore except for people who no longer offer any reward for nagging

the_shankmaster wrote:Though Jenny if they do this reboot, you and I could totally just write our own collabonwar forever and ever.

yeah...
G: Like helplessness experiments. That's the biggest problem in zombie apocalypses. People who survive will always eventually come to question why they bother.
Seamus: The biggest problem in zombie apocalypses is poor planning and not enough ammo.

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Cyberdyne Systems Terminator, Model T-N014.
Batman

Postby xkazzoo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:43 pm

I apologize for not being around. I blame my new phone.
N.W.A.R.S

May the power of mustache protect you.
xkazzoo
Curiously Oblivious
Ninja

Postby helios » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:10 am

I blame the shitty hall internet I have. I walked into Uni on a Sunday so I could check my emails. And I'm not the only one.
BYX N.W.A.R.S.
Fighting Crime and Corruption since 1935
Not Disregarding Your Freedoms Since 1949
helios
The Goddamn Batman, and Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
Ninja

Postby 42th » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:15 am

I blame school for not being around lately.
I'm sorry.
._.;
N.W.A.R.S. ...with the earnestness of philosophers chained to a madhouse wall.
42th
piled higher and deeper
Ninja

Location: Angel Grove, admiring the abandoned building district.

Postby the_shankmaster » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Looks like the old regulars all have reasons for not posting that won't be solved by a reboot. Though your concern is bringing in new people, right? So I guess that's not an issue.
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

Postby Laca-Dread-sical! » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:54 pm

The reason I stopped posting is that it became to much effort to know everyone's back stories in order to make sure no one get pissed at me. I fell like noir became less intresting when everyone wanted to do their own stories instead doing something community-wise. It's a lot more fun if you're reading someone else's story and know that you're involved and can act within that story without messing with their carefully made plan for their character.

To be brief, i believe that a reboot is in order.
I thrive on your disbelief
Laca-Dread-sical!
Temple Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Noir