The future

Home of our "Noir" story threads. Come for the plotlines, stay for the coffee. And the pie. It's really good pie.

Re: The future

Postby helios » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Well, sorry to be most likely ruder than I usually want to be, but You were somewhat of a contributing factor to the decision to move towards individual story-lines.
To be blunt, you frakked some stuff up something terrible. There's a difference between being involved, and killing off someone else's character. In fact, this entire post is a good example of what I'm talking about. Sure, they moved the story along, but DAMN, if they didn't frustrate me at the time. And these couple of posts were bad as well. this post wasn't too bad, but bordered slightly on messing around too much with people's characters, imho. Such as Why would there be a BatGun? It's fundamentally against Batman's nature! And I haven't even touched Volume II, just Volume I, Mr. Tear-Open-The-Sky.
My point being; There is a difference between moving the story along, and railroading a story that isn't even yours. There's also a difference between not knowing character's backstories, and not reading posts of the story-story.
That, my good man, would be why people were getting pissed at you.
BYX N.W.A.R.S.
Fighting Crime and Corruption since 1935
Not Disregarding Your Freedoms Since 1949
helios
The Goddamn Batman, and Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
Ninja

Postby the_shankmaster » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:54 pm

iawtc
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

Postby Seamus O'Seamus » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:43 am

Friendly reminder: We're fairly civil right now, and let's keep it that way.

My plan, which probably won't be very popular: move it. Take forum noir and give it it's own site. There it can become a dedicated roleplaying forum, with expanded rules, more possibilities, etc. A random person who is looking for RP is more likely to join a dedicated site than a Dr. McNinja site that has something completely unrelated to Doc on it.
Remember our bargain, wizard.

Seamus O'Seamus
You!
Doctor

Postby xkazzoo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:31 am

Wellll maybe not that far. I mean i think one thing that made it great was that it was our own special little writing party. The problem now is that that party has gotten considerably smaller and the stories aren't as sporadic and converging as they used to be. But giving it it's own site might not be the answer.
N.W.A.R.S

May the power of mustache protect you.
xkazzoo
Curiously Oblivious
Ninja

Postby starseedjenny » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:41 am

I dunno, I think it's an interesting idea at the very least...
G: Like helplessness experiments. That's the biggest problem in zombie apocalypses. People who survive will always eventually come to question why they bother.
Seamus: The biggest problem in zombie apocalypses is poor planning and not enough ammo.

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Cyberdyne Systems Terminator, Model T-N014.
Batman

Postby Owen » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:00 pm

I think it's a possibility, since the Noir threads have grown into something of their own (42th, we owe you for that!). I have hosting space going, although I don't know whether I'd be the best person to host it.

If it were to be moved, though, is there any way of ensuring that it would gain new contributors? Or, to put it in another light, any way that couldn't be applied to the noir as it is here?

One thing which might help - does anybody know of any lists of rps like this? If we could get the nwar listed on another site visited by like-minded peoples, we might attract some attention that way.
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Forum Noir