September discussion thread

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

September discussion thread

Postby Owen » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:11 am

Happy September! I just looked back at the most recent comic and now I want pizza :mcluchador

As always, the last month's thread can be found in the McNinja Archives, if you can get past Mitzi.
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Re: September discussion thread

Postby LaughingTarget » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Why must that pizza be fictional?
LaughingTarget
Lumberjack

Postby drmcskirobot » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:03 pm

At first I read the doc's cussgasm as "Holy f---ing pepperoni s--t", but on closer inspection it doesn't look like the letters match up. Now I see "Holy f---ing pepperoni boner" which I think is an overall improvement.
drmcskirobot
Temple Guard

Postby cybermagi » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Only the most radical may survive.

And this is the law. Er, radical law. There can be only one. The Prize was pretty radical in Highlander, thinking about it.
"Yes I am a wizard, before you might ask."
cybermagi
Red Cross Vampire

Postby LaughingTarget » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:58 pm

cybermagi wrote:Only the most radical may survive.

And this is the law. Er, radical law. There can be only one. The Prize was pretty radical in Highlander, thinking about it.

Getting old and starring in a shitty sequel?
LaughingTarget
Lumberjack

Postby Stray Cat » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm pretty sure every cuss word in that explosion was a variation on f--k.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby Inkstain » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:05 pm

I'm going to put my previous Prediction Winner Points on the line and say that Rad has known this was :doc all along.

The enmity between Radical and Doc has mostly been a one-way street. Radical has a mission to make things more Radical (and does it in evil ways) and Doc tries to thwart him. Doc is obsessed with stopping Rad. Rad seems more amused by Doc than anything. I think he just likes to mess with him.

I'm thinking back to this sequence:
http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/15p68/
http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/15p72/

I think most of what was said in the first link was actually true. It makes logical sense. Radical is a guy who likes to make things radical and doesn't care who he hurts in the process. That makes him a villain, but I don't know if he sees himself that way. I think when he says "Sparklelord was right" in the second link, that's just him messing with :doc now that the danger is passed.

Of course, there's still this:

http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/21p102/

But I think that's open to a lot of interpretation.

So anyway, now that I've rambled, I'll come back around to where I started: I think Radical knows this is McNinja and is hoping to convert him to Radical's way of thinking. Radical figures that either he'll have a radical new ally, or at least something radical will happen in the eventual battle.
Inkstain
Temple Guard

Postby Chuckles » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:12 am

Stray Cat wrote:I'm pretty sure every cuss word in that explosion was a variation on f--k.

Stray Cat may be right. The bits of the words that are sticking out from under the blacked out parts seem to conform to "f-----g" on the first and third words and "f--k" on the second.
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby skim172 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:36 am

Inkstain wrote:I think most of what was said in the first link was actually true. It makes logical sense. Radical is a guy who likes to make things radical and doesn't care who he hurts in the process. That makes him a villain, but I don't know if he sees himself that way. I think when he says "Sparklelord was right" in the second link, that's just him messing with :doc now that the danger is passed.

Radical stabs the pepperoni out of an alternate Chuck in the distant past. Seems pretty villainous to me. I think he's playing the long game - he's not what he seems, he's just pretending to be something in pursuit of some really terrible goal.

Meaning ... maybe he's not actually radical. :shock:
skim172
Lumberjack

Postby CheeseWhisper » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:26 pm

LaughingTarget, I'm glad I didn't have anything in my mouth when I read your retort.

As for Rad, when he said "Sparklelord was right", I think he just meant "You'll never catch me without his help". His actions do seem villainous in the traditional sense, though.

Also, the reason I came here today was to mention Woot's very appropriate shirt offering.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Next

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)