April 2013 discussion thread

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Re: April 2013 discussion thread

Postby TheoGB » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:20 am

Must SUCK to live in that dull universe! AMIRITE, GUYS? ... Guys?
TheoGB
Lumberjack

Postby Moon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:25 am

Meanwhile in 2015, a totally dull guy named Derek falls out from the sky and goes splat.
Moon
Temple Guard

Postby cybermagi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:27 am

Moon wrote:Meanwhile in 2015, a totally dull guy named Derek falls out from the sky and goes splat.

*Gets out the binoculars and patiently awaits Derek.*
"Yes I am a wizard, before you might ask."
cybermagi
Red Cross Vampire

Postby skim172 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Doc is disturbed.

I theorize that the Doc is not gonna be okay with this. Because he himself embodies the paradox - the intersection of two worlds: radical and mundane. He was born with radicalness of a ninja, but he chose to be a normal doctor. He could kill mummies, but he chose to treat diabeeetees. So this is basically the same existential conflict around which the entire comic is based - the conflict of being both a ninja and a doctor - but now that conflict has been made manifest.

I have to say though - the radical realm, for all its supposed lack of racism, seems kind of ... fascist. Or maybe, more correctly, chauvinist. Because if you're not radical, you can't become radical - you're born radical or else you're not. It's a hierarchy of birth and creation and if you're a guy like Derek, you don't belong. You don't belong in King Radical's entire universe - you need to be wiped from the face of existence.

So it's not racist, in that they don't discriminate based on racial heritage. Rather, they discriminate based on a vague inner quality that is part of your very essence and cannot be manufactured and is determined by the judgment of a King who holds literally absolute power over whether or not you are sufficiently radical to exist in the same state of being as himself.

I don't like this plan.
skim172
Lumberjack

Postby CheeseWhisper » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Doc is a doctor (of course), but I don't think I'd call him a "normal doctor". Cloned how many times for how many degrees before being re-amalgamated into one single consciousness (albeit with an agricultural exception)? As a man of medicine, or science, or even just learning in general, Doc is exceptional.

But yeah, there still seem to be some holes in the "goodness" of KR's plan.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby TheoGB » Wed May 01, 2013 11:57 am

CheeseWhisper wrote:Doc is a doctor (of course), but I don't think I'd call him a "normal doctor". Cloned how many times for how many degrees before being re-amalgamated into one single consciousness (albeit with an agricultural exception)? As a man of medicine, or science, or even just learning in general, Doc is exceptional.

But yeah, there still seem to be some holes in the "goodness" of KR's plan.

I'm pretty sure Stalin never woke up one morning and said, "Woah! I'm evil! I never noticed..." King Radical is fascist because eugenics and social cleansing are fundamentally fascist ideas. It's good to know that Doc was right about him all along. :D
TheoGB
Lumberjack

Postby Silverlock » Wed May 01, 2013 6:25 pm

Make the robot do something.

Make it dance.
Silverlock
Temple Guard

Postby _1g » Thu May 02, 2013 1:24 am

Make it ride a motorbike
_1g
Temple Guard

Previous

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)