May 2013 discussion thread

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Re: May 2013 discussion thread

Postby CheeseWhisper » Thu May 30, 2013 1:46 pm

Also -- if Ron came through with the giant robot, then did he die in the dinosaur wars too? I wonder how that whole alternate timeline turned out.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby Chuckles » Thu May 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Here's something to wonder about.

There are somewhere near 7 billion people on our earth. I'm guessing Dr. McNinja's earth mirrors the same number of people.

How can King Radical be sure he has the lamest of the lame near him when he created that robot?

Yes, Derek gave way to Ron Wizard. But it seems to me that there's no guarantee any other Radical Land citizen who has been switched in would wind up in the robot. We could have people from Radical Land scattered across the globe.

After all, he only had the worst people from Cumberland, not the worst people in the world.
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby OfficeShredder » Thu May 30, 2013 2:43 pm

Chuckles, the portal replaces people that are near the portal with radical people, not the worst people in the world with radical people. He brought the worst people in the world to Cumberland not so that his radical folk would all be in one spot but explicitly to make sure that the worst people got replaced
OfficeShredder
Temple Guard

Postby strikinglyalert » Thu May 30, 2013 3:09 pm

CheeseWhisper wrote:Also -- if Ron came through with the giant robot, then did he die in the dinosaur wars too? I wonder how that whole alternate timeline turned out.

Ron came through after the lone dinosaur scout was killed in this timeline (which prevented the dinosaur wars in this timeline). His appearance doesn't happen in the dinosaur wars timeline.
strikinglyalert
Red Cross Vampire

Postby CheeseWhisper » Thu May 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Right, but the scout didn't bring them down right away; presumably it took some time for the fleet to arrive.

Also, the humans had "giant robots" (plural) during the early years of the war. One of them had to be HouseBot; maybe the funding finally came through for George Washington 2000?
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby strikinglyalert » Thu May 30, 2013 8:08 pm

CheeseWhisper wrote:Right, but the scout didn't bring them down right away; presumably it took some time for the fleet to arrive.

Also, the humans had "giant robots" (plural) during the early years of the war. One of them had to be HouseBot; maybe the funding finally came through for George Washington 2000?

I guess I'm skeptical that HouseBot gets built in Doc's absence from the timeline (while he's off gallivanting in the alternate future). Even assuming someone else can lay the necessary boards, overloading the portal involved punching a mummy, and King Rad is mummy's-curse dust without Doc. Since we know King Rad has survived in the dino future, we know the timeline diverged before anyone went a-mummy-punchin', and therefore probably also before Ron showed up.

Building a HouseBot is one of those ideas that's just so obvious that someone else was bound to accomplish it eventually. Ergo it's probably someone else's HouseBot.
strikinglyalert
Red Cross Vampire

Postby CheeseWhisper » Thu May 30, 2013 8:58 pm

All true -- but he did other radical things that affected the portal, and presumably he could come up with a list of more. Mummy-punching was only an option because of his confidence in the new court physician (who is Doc returned from the shuttle, which didn't happen in the dinodystopian future.
strikinglyalert wrote:Building a HouseBot is one of those ideas that's just so obvious that someone else was bound to accomplish it eventually. Ergo it's probably someone else's HouseBot.

This... beautifully embodies the spirit of everything that is the universe of Dr. McNinja.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby Moon » Fri May 31, 2013 5:22 am

Well that escalated quickly.
I wonder how Sparkledancer manages to become a knight with such obvious evil tendencies.
Maybe the last King Rad thought it'd be rad to put a random evil guy on the council?
Moon
Temple Guard

Postby theOneRider » Fri May 31, 2013 5:47 am

Well, I'd say we've already established - thanks to the cockatrice pizza incident - that radness is not actually dependent on goodness. So, I'd guess that there's really no reason being obviously evil should block Sparkle from the knighthood.
What I'm wondering is, what is the acceptable level of overlap between radical and creepy?
theOneRider
Lumberjack

Postby dexeron » Fri May 31, 2013 7:01 pm

I think good and evil are irrelevent to King Radical and his fellow Radicallandians. All that matters is whether something is radical, or not radical. Radical Evil, like King Rad, is fine. NotRadical Evil, like Sparkledancer, isn't.

Now I want to draw up a D&D alignment chart with Lawful and Chaotic replaced by "Radical" and "Not Radial". And figure out who fits where.
---
Dexeron: keeping it smooth since 1974.
"Let me tell you what I wish I'd known, when I was young and dreamed of glory.
You have no control: who lives, who dies, who tells your story.
"
dexeron
Lumberjack

PreviousNext

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)