June 2013 Discussion Thread

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

June 2013 Discussion Thread

Postby Owen » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Happy June!

The previous thread left us here:

Keaton wrote:
strikinglyalert wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:Also -- if Ron came through with the giant robot, then did he die in the dinosaur wars too? I wonder how that whole alternate timeline turned out.

Ron came through after the lone dinosaur scout was killed in this timeline (which prevented the dinosaur wars in this timeline). His appearance doesn't happen in the dinosaur wars timeline.

I still want to know why the Dinosaur Wars weren't radical enough to trigger the portal.

On that note, if King Radical traveled back in time to try and stop the dinosaur scout and arrived before Dr. McNinja failed would that mean that there's two King Radical's in this timeline now?

dexeron wrote:I think good and evil are irrelevent to King Radical and his fellow Radicallandians. All that matters is whether something is radical, or not radical. Radical Evil, like King Rad, is fine. NotRadical Evil, like Sparkledancer, isn't.

Now I want to draw up a D&D alignment chart with Lawful and Chaotic replaced by "Radical" and "Not Radial". And figure out who fits where.

Because I'm awesome like that:
Just draw a straight line through three triangles starting from either Radical or Lame.
Draw a box on the corners (or a line through two) of two triangles if the other is neutral.
Put a dot in the center of one triangle if the other two are neutral.
Put a box in the center if you're True Neutral.

For Example:
Dr. McNinja (Radical Lawful Good)
King Radical (Radical Chaotic Evil) -or- (Radical Chaotic Neutral)

I can't top that.
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Re: June 2013 Discussion Thread

Postby mikekearn » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:57 am

That was a good thread wrapper. Nice work, Keaton. Is this whole issue going to be a flashback to events in Radical Land? I'm all for some more backstory, but it's kinda leaving us hanging with a giant robot stomping around Maryland, that may or may not have a self-destruct switch and/or get hacked by DSP. That's a lot to leave on the back burner.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby Socran » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:25 am

Maybe this'll be a 15-20 page mini-issue? Well, hopefully it's at least not over 100 this time.

I'm also still concerned that "To be concluded..." meant "this'll be the last issue". If this is just to buy time for that, I wouldn't like that one bit, nope.
Socran
Temple Guard

Postby CheeseWhisper » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:30 pm

He'll probably take us back to the present sometime within this storyline. And last issue? What, because Cumberland is officially and finally destroyed?
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby TheoGB » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:15 am

Alt text is a bit odd, isn't it? I don't get what he means? It sounds like Radical guys are a bit evil, frankly.
TheoGB
Lumberjack

Postby strikinglyalert » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:27 am

On pages 1, 3, and 4, Sicknasty is right-handed. On pages 5 and 6, King Radical is left-handed. Did his coronation give him the awesome power of ambidexterity?

Also I have to think that if the land won't save its king, one of its many other winged subjects conveniently flying nearby will.
strikinglyalert
Red Cross Vampire

Postby wilderun » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:20 pm

Perhaps King Radical wished to do the best job of choking Sparklelord possible?

Or perhaps it's another of those sorts of instances when Chris forgets to draw bad guys with guns again. ;)
wilderun
Temple Guard

Postby CheeseWhisper » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:39 pm

So Sparkles is Darth Vader -- or some other raised-up creature that goes mad and resentful with the power?

How did nobody notice that the power was being drained from the land? And was that why he thought he would be most radical?
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby FragileX » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:54 pm

So much moral ambiguity! Would we be more sympathetic to Sparkledancer's fate and actions if the Radical Kingdom was a polluting industrial machine rather than the embodiment of all things radical? The events in Cumberland suggest that King Radical's disregard for others would be similar in either circumstance. Clearly Sparkledancer has gone mad, but how much of this is due to anger and resentment and how much to the "twisting" that the radical magic did to him? Is there possibly a way for the Radical Empire to coexist with those around it? Could the answer lie in the existence of this in-between universe, where the power of the Radical Lands and the sanity of our own world mix freely? My head a-splode. :shock:
FragileX
Temple Guard

Postby Verteiron » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:16 pm

FragileX wrote:Would we be more sympathetic to Sparkledancer's fate and actions if the Radical Kingdom was a polluting industrial machine rather than the embodiment of all things radical?
Well, mixed in with all the lies he told the doctor, SparkleCycle told him that King Radical was tearing up the magical forest to build a "rollercoaster or something". While Sparklelord is not the more reliable of sources, it certainly sounds very much like something King Radical would really do.
Verteiron
Lumberjack

Next

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)