October 2013 discussion thread

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Re: October 2013 discussion thread

Postby the_shankmaster » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:18 am

Aw, I thought Mr. Andrews was pretty rad. He accepted that time travel thing pretty readily.
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

Postby mikekearn » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:47 pm

King Rad said he was "kind of" murdering people to let in the others from his home. Until specifically stated otherwise, I'm going to believe that they aren't actually murdered, but instead were pushed further down into a less radical universe (implied to be our universe). To King Rad, this is just as bad as being murdered, so he doesn't see a difference, but this way, Doc might actually find some way to bring these people back. Or at least let their friends and loved ones know these replaced people are still alive and okay, just in another universe.

Because seriously, Mr. Andrews was totally lame but a pretty sweet guy nonetheless.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby NullDragon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:55 pm

My theory: The chuck that went back to stop King Rad actually died. He ded. He really really dead, and not going to (directly) help anyone.

HOWEVER. He changed history in doing so. In this universe, King Rad constantly bothered Chuck. Every time someone came from the future, he'd show up with a gun and threaten him and find out what's going on, and whether or not they're going to stop him. The Chuck trying to stop him already came from the future, and another one isn't coming.

Except this Chuck has a lot more hatred towards King Rad. And thus, this Chuck might be the one to defeat King Rad, because of how King Rad treated him. History change, yay!
NullDragon
Temple Guard

Postby Chuckles » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:37 am

If Mr. Andrews wasn't rad, someone explain to me why he had a skull with a snake entwined through it in his refrigerator?
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby Stray Cat » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:14 am

Chuckles wrote:If Mr. Andrews wasn't rad, someone explain to me why he had a skull with a snake entwined through it in his refrigerator?

I think that was probably moldy yogurt, and the fighting robots transformed it.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby dexeron » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:27 pm

Dude, is EVERYONE from the Radical Lands a gigantic douche?

I'm starting to think that they deserved to get conquered by Sparkledancer.
---
Dexeron: keeping it smooth since 1974.
"Let me tell you what I wish I'd known, when I was young and dreamed of glory.
You have no control: who lives, who dies, who tells your story.
"
dexeron
Lumberjack

Postby skim172 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:35 pm

mikekearn wrote:King Rad said he was "kind of" murdering people to let in the others from his home. Until specifically stated otherwise, I'm going to believe that they aren't actually murdered, but instead were pushed further down into a less radical universe (implied to be our universe). To King Rad, this is just as bad as being murdered, so he doesn't see a difference, but this way, Doc might actually find some way to bring these people back. Or at least let their friends and loved ones know these replaced people are still alive and okay, just in another universe.

Because seriously, Mr. Andrews was totally lame but a pretty sweet guy nonetheless.

I interpreted the "Kinda!" as a punchline. Like an "I know it's pretty terrible, but yeah, I did it, and I'm semi-proud of it actually" thing. Like if you asked your roommate, "Bob, did you cover your body in salad dressing and slip-n-slide around the apartment again?" "Kinda!"

And it was the Doc who used the word "murdered" - which means the Doc considers these people dead. And King Rad agrees. And dude, getting teleported to another universe where you know no one and nothing and have no status and you can't get back - well, you might as well be dead and gone to the afterlife. So even if they're still "alive" in some form another, King Rad is still an asshole for doing that to people, especially to people like Mr. Andrews.
skim172
Lumberjack

Postby CheeseWhisper » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:17 pm

TheNDMalletGuy wrote:As far as we know, none of the Chucks that have gone back in time failed at their mission aside from the one murdered by Radical.

We don't know what he came to do, so we don't know that he failed. Dinosaur Chuck was killed, but the mission didn't fail; in fact, he died to make victory possible.

Chuck is pretty rad, so I can't see him getting zapped out.

Why is it, though, that all of King Rad's "radical" subjects (excluding his two fellow Knights of the Rad Table) are (a) unholy chimaeras and (b) total jerks?
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby mikekearn » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the Radical Lands are dying? Perhaps they are all just survivors now.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby Stray Cat » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:44 pm

dexeron wrote:Dude, is EVERYONE from the Radical Lands a gigantic douche?

I'm starting to think that they deserved to get conquered by Sparkledancer.

Yeah. Team Sparkledancer, anyone?
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

PreviousNext

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)