Comic discussion thread - December 2013

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Re: Comic discussion thread - December 2013

Postby Stray Cat » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Ragez wrote:Wait a second, the Doc just showed himself in front of the president.

He's probably still wanted by the US government for hijacking a freakin' space shuttle and getting it destroyed, did she give him a pardon or something?

A pardon seems like a really safe bet to me.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby Chuckles » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:22 pm

I understand Hastings wants and should get the holiday off. Even so, I could imagine a joke page, where the Friend Brothers are riding a rocket sleigh over Cumberland dropping slices of golden cockatrice sausage pizzas down everyone's chimneys. . . . :mrgreen:

Of course, if you don't have a chimney, you lose out. Good reason to install a chimney. Can you imagine apartment renters installing chimneys? . . . :o
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby Verteiron » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Wouldn't it suck if the only reason Golden Cockatrice sausage pizza was so good was because of the sheer amount of Radicalness that was bleeding through the portal? I can see it now... "I don't understand-a, we-a did all the same things as-a usual, but this is not-a our pizza!" And then Doc realizes a world without a Radical portal is not a world he wants to live in.
Verteiron
Lumberjack

Postby mikekearn » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:00 am

Pizza party, huh? This doesn't seem particularly concentrated, so I'm not sure it's much of a trap. Is this all a kind of "Oops, sorry our shenanigans got the whole town turned into a giant robot and flipped everything around a bit" party?
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby Stray Cat » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:09 am

I guess there's no point in reading into this as anything more than a happy "It's the ending of the SNES-age RPG!" style of resolution.

Hey, see the giant robo-dino foot? Took me a second to recognize it.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby Chuckles » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:10 pm

mikekearn wrote:Pizza party, huh? This doesn't seem particularly concentrated, so I'm not sure it's much of a trap. Is this all a kind of "Oops, sorry our shenanigans got the whole town turned into a giant robot and flipped everything around a bit" party?

That's what I'm guessing. I mean, after your home got turned into part of a mech that battled the POTUS, wouldn't you want to move? People move for much less - earthquakes, hurricanes, war. . . . The Friend Brothers' pizza gives them an incentive to stay.

As far as a trap goes, the more I think about it, the more I have to conclude that King Rad can make his own pizza.
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby RadOfLostArcade » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Nnelg wrote:
RadOfLostArcade wrote:I don't know if my understanding of English is correct or not but is the following grammatically incorrect?

You're right, he should technically be saying "correctly".

In this case, however, it's just informal speech. (The character's being grammatically incorrect, not the author.)

Nnelg,

Thank you for the information about the English language. It is difficult to learn the small things. I appreciate your help.
Image -Just a funny cat video.
RadOfLostArcade
Temple Guard

Postby mikekearn » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:05 pm

Chuckles wrote:As far as a trap goes, the more I think about it, the more I have to conclude that King Rad can make his own pizza.

True, he did teach people how to make pizza in the first place. But why would he even have the pizza made (and stolen) unless he just wants easy access to pizza without making it himself? I can make pizza, too, but I much more frequently just buy it. So I'm still suspicious of it being a trap.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby cybermagi » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:47 am

Party on dudes!
"Yes I am a wizard, before you might ask."
cybermagi
Red Cross Vampire

Postby Veya » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:47 am

For some reason, I was expecting an Axe Cop cameo in this page, maybe because the McNinja/Axe Cop crossover involved pizza.

Other than that... I see a few deformed kids eating pizza... right besides the President's giant mecha dinosaur, I guess she is keeping that thing afterall...Chekhov's Gun anyone? could always play out as the cavalry.
Veya
Lumberjack

PreviousNext

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)