Comic discussion thread - January 2014

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Re: Comic discussion thread - January 2014

Postby CheeseWhisper » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:09 pm

The last panel of that Army of One page you linked... is the big reason why I know Doc and Hortense would never last.

Not unless she somehow gives up that particular demand.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby this » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:42 pm

Veya wrote:So once again digging up the Army of One story, to see if there is any mention to the year that the clones were created... and there actually is, exactly 1990, and the current story is set in "199something", which seem to imply that it set after the cloning process.

Maybe so, but look at this page. The clones has about 8 year study so it's a 1 to 4 that the year given in the current story is '98 or '99 (and '98 may not even work since school typically starts in fall)
this
Franz Rayner

Postby Veya » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:20 am

CheeseWhisper wrote:The last panel of that Army of One page you linked... is the big reason why I know Doc and Hortense would never last.

Eh, this one minor "demand" isn't that much of a big deal, if it really bothered Doc that much, he could just outright ask her to stop, and if she actually cared, she would stop, good relationships run on tolerance and comunication afterall.(although I shouldn't really talk with that much confidense, I had one relationship in my mind, which I am still in for almost two years now, she is not perfect but I love her enough to not care about a number of minor quirks)

What set them apart was most likelly much bigger and much worse, or perhaps time simply set them apart until there wasn't a point in staying together anymore, we have to wait and see on that.

this wrote:Maybe so, but look at this page. The clones has about 8 year study so it's a 1 to 4 that the year given in the current story is '98 or '99 (and '98 may not even work since school typically starts in fall)

Okay, I admit that while I was aware of the 8 years clone period, '98 and '99 completelly slipped my mind, so I guess this could be fit in really late 1990s, I mean, we do have Ben asking Doc what he was going to do with residences and like, so it could be just Doc after deciding he did in fact want to practice medicine(I am to guess that medicine!Clone Doc had a major life-changing experience during his existence, greater than any one other of the clones), although I have no idea how researching on vampire myths would help him on that... but then again, this IS McNinjaverse, this don't exactly work the way they do in our 'verse.
Veya
Lumberjack

Postby skim172 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:10 am

I'm gonna guess that Hortense and Doc didn't get along because she's an amoral mercenary assassin and Doc is a doctor who wants to be Batman.

Of course, unless this university has a very broad program of study and lenient criteria for admission, Hortense is probably not a mercenary yet.

Veya wrote:Also, is that Chuck in panel 2 of page 6? sure looks like him, and would make sense for him to try and follow Doc, since he most likelly believed he was involved in the zombie apocalypse.

I don't think that makes sense, actually - Chuck never met Doc, never saw Doc, never knew Doc was involved at all with the clones, didn't know even know they were clones. Also, he landed in 1979. Presumably, he's busy building his credentials as an astronaut for purposes of future mayoral elections.

I guess maybe Chuck might've kept tabs on Ben Franklin, and noticed the ninja student in the class, and mindful of ninja zombies kept an eye on him, but that seems a little contrived.
skim172
Lumberjack

Postby this » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:32 pm

skim172 wrote:I don't think that makes sense, actually - Chuck never met Doc, never saw Doc, never knew Doc was involved at all with the clones, didn't know even know they were clones. Also, he landed in 1979. Presumably, he's busy building his credentials as an astronaut for purposes of future mayoral elections.

I guess maybe Chuck might've kept tabs on Ben Franklin, and noticed the ninja student in the class, and mindful of ninja zombies kept an eye on him, but that seems a little contrived.

Chuck already knew there'd be a ninja doctor based on this page. That said, I don't think Chuck was following Dr. McNinja, either. I think he was content to just meet Dr. McNinja as a doctor in Cumberland and not as a college student somewhere. I think he also knew that Ben was going to start the zombie incident in Cumberland and for that reason didn't pursue Ben when he was teaching at universities, either. Otherwise, he may end up causing the very thing he set out to prevent.
this
Franz Rayner

Postby Chaos Sepher » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:07 pm

Is that fat jerk in the second panel really questioning the ethics of slaying jackass vampires that feed on women in the middle of the night? I love how the guy next to him looks like he is thinking "Yeesh, Is this guy for real?"
Chaos Sepher
Temple Guard

Postby Veya » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:02 pm

Chaos Sepher wrote:Is that fat jerk in the second panel really questioning the ethics of slaying jackass vampires that feed on women in the middle of the night? I love how the guy next to him looks like he is thinking "Yeesh, Is this guy for real?"

Undead, dead or whatever you classify vampires as, you must consider that they are still able to feel their soroundings enough to suffer, and he is just quesitoning the fact that a vampire attacking a person is the equivalent to a person killing a deer to eat, Doc proceeds to explain why attacking a person is bad regardless, but I still say it is a valid question as any other.

Also, it seems his "vampire research" is calling attention to Doc, it is a foregone conclusion as any other, but I find it interesting to see how organized vampires are.

Also also, completelly unrelated, but I never realized that we actually know Doc's age, minor, but neat detail.
Veya
Lumberjack

Postby CheeseWhisper » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:55 pm

Ah, Sebastien. The circle is now complete.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby drmcskirobot » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:20 pm

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet this is the 'post-breakup' Doc, which would mean it was set after the clones amalgamated.. right? Or not necessarily. It could be before they amalgamated but it would have to be after the original process, 'cause old was cloned on the 'pre-breakup' version. It's all so heavy...
drmcskirobot
Temple Guard

Postby Chaos Sepher » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:24 pm

Did not peg Sebastian as a blonde.

Doc could not wait to get away from that conversation. Also love how he seems to be more annoyed than anything with this.
Chaos Sepher
Temple Guard

PreviousNext

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)