Comic Discussion Thread - March 2014

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - March 2014

Postby strikinglyalert » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Veya wrote:People talking that Judy may be with Doc to keep him in check, but tell me, how many times did he ever put a patient in harm's way(not counting when he was kinda-of brainwashed by Sparklelord)? he might be a little unorthodox at time, but he never harmed any of his patients, even when he was posing as Doctor McLuchador, he was always making sure his radical treatments worked.

Kidnapping the Secretary of HHS and setting him on fire involved grievously injuring his involuntary "patient" and then treating those injuries.
strikinglyalert
Red Cross Vampire

Postby skim172 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:09 am

I should say that my "theory" that Judy is the Doc's state guardian was a joke. As no one could possibly be counted on the reign in the Doc - his madness could never be fettered. :shock:
skim172
Lumberjack

Postby Veya » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:47 am

strikinglyalert wrote:Kidnapping the Secretary of HHS and setting him on fire involved grievously injuring his involuntary "patient" and then treating those injuries.

Well, I could argue that he wasn't technically a patient until after he was burned, and he was completelly healed in a matter of seconds, no harm done, it would be like cutting someone's arm without warning to prove you can use healing magic, so no (long term) harm done... I mean, for the guy, having his whole body burned must've been excruciating, but eh, he wasn't even a named character, no reason to care for that.

skim172 wrote:I should say that my "theory" that Judy is the Doc's state guardian was a joke. As no one could possibly be counted on the reign in the Doc - his madness could never be fettered. :shock:

Well... ... ... ... I dunno man, kinda hard to tell apart jokes from serious when it is about this webcomic.
Veya
Lumberjack

Postby Whiteeyes » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:56 pm

Ape-ula? Well at least you aren't dealing with a Blackula.
Whiteeyes
Temple Guard

Postby this » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:33 pm

Veya wrote:Well, I could argue that he wasn't technically a patient until after he was burned, and he was completelly healed in a matter of seconds, no harm done, it would be like cutting someone's arm without warning to prove you can use healing magic, so no (long term) harm done... I mean, for the guy, having his whole body burned must've been excruciating, but eh, he wasn't even a named character, no reason to care for that.

Don't forget the Hippocratic oath, though. "Do no harm." pretty much includes not setting someone alight even if you can heal the person afterward.
this
Franz Rayner

Postby Stray Cat » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Technically, Dracula was also an ape-ula.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby cybermagi » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:47 pm

I'm loving how the female gorilla's have ordinary sounding names. :D

Waiting for a Hilda and Joan soon. Maybe a Penny or Doris too.
"Yes I am a wizard, before you might ask."
cybermagi
Red Cross Vampire

Postby Veya » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:27 pm

this wrote:Don't forget the Hippocratic oath, though. "Do no harm." pretty much includes not setting someone alight even if you can heal the person afterward.

And we also know that Doc is so incredibly divided between being a doctor and a ninja that his soul literally split in two, cut the guy some slack, the fact he can keep his stuff together 98% of time despite his conditions make him way more reliable that he should be.

Also, "do no harm"? some pirates with pegfaces would enjoy having a word against that(if they could speak, that is).
Veya
Lumberjack

Postby Whiteeyes » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:39 pm

Stray Cat wrote:Technically, Dracula was also an ape-ula.

That is true, what with the lack of a tail and all.
Whiteeyes
Temple Guard

Postby Chuckles » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:41 am

Ah,the first April Fool's joke I've encountered.

That reminds me to visit the thinkgeek.com site on April Fool's Day. . . .

On the heroes vs. villains banner, at one time, King Radical used to be on the villains' side. Then he was taken out of the villains side. Is there any reason for him not to be placed back into the villains' side? Of course, he should be wearing his blue robes rather than his red robes. . . .
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

PreviousNext

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)