Comic Discussion Thread - April 2014

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Comic Discussion Thread - April 2014

Postby CheeseWhisper » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:59 am

...in which we discuss Ape-ulas, Gorillianity, and The Social Graces of a Ninja Who is Also a Doctor.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - April 2014

Postby Icalasari » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:55 am

Epileptic Vampire Gorillas Who Knit - Could they be endangering your children? More at 11 on Local News
Icalasari
Temple Guard

Postby mikekearn » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:15 pm

Perhaps the local news of the remote gorilla village, but I have a slight feeling that it's not that local to me.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby Veya » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:14 am

Previous month stuffings.

this wrote:Not sure it works. Yes, I agree with you that Doc is referring to them as equals but it really doesn't make it any less offensive. To put forward an absurd example, imagine an Aryan saying to a black, "It might be some of her aryanity still there." Even though the Aryan thinks it a compliment, it just rubs exactly the wrong way.

My point is that while it sounds pretty offensive, it isn't really his fault as he knows no other word to describe that, but the impression Judy's look gave is that she is like "Oh, for Gorilla Christ's sake, he had to say it, didn't he?", instead of a more understanding "Alright, it isn't really your fault, but next time use <gorilla word for humanity> instead of humanity, we aren't exactly humans.".

And yes, I realize "Gorilla Christ" could come across as a bit racist, but there aren't any gorillas living nearby, so I am fairly sure I won't get my ass beat for saying it.
Veya
Lumberjack

Postby Whiteeyes » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Veya wrote:Previous month stuffings.

this wrote:Not sure it works. Yes, I agree with you that Doc is referring to them as equals but it really doesn't make it any less offensive. To put forward an absurd example, imagine an Aryan saying to a black, "It might be some of her aryanity still there." Even though the Aryan thinks it a compliment, it just rubs exactly the wrong way.

My point is that while it sounds pretty offensive, it isn't really his fault as he knows no other word to describe that, but the impression Judy's look gave is that she is like "Oh, for Gorilla Christ's sake, he had to say it, didn't he?", instead of a more understanding "Alright, it isn't really your fault, but next time use <gorilla word for humanity> instead of humanity, we aren't exactly humans.".

And yes, I realize "Gorilla Christ" could come across as a bit racist, but there aren't any gorillas living nearby, so I am fairly sure I won't get my ass beat for saying it.

If it were me after that conversation I would have asked Judy for a primer on proper notation for situations like that.

Also, is it just me or does that guy look shaved in the second to last panel? Like he just has some basic fuzz.
Whiteeyes
Temple Guard

Postby Truec » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:40 pm

CheeseWhisper wrote:...in which we discuss Ape-ulas, Gorillianity, and The Social Graces of a Ninja Who is Also a Doctor isn't a doctor yet.

Fixed that for you.
Truec
Franz Rayner

Postby CheeseWhisper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Thank you.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby mikekearn » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:44 pm

So doors are the line between "open shack" and "house that requires invitation"? Good to know. What if, though, you have a house with doors that are just always open?
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby CheeseWhisper » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:18 am

mikekearn wrote:So doors are the line between "open shack" and "house that requires invitation"? Good to know. What if, though, you have a house with doors that are just always open?

In the Sluggyverse, an open door does not constitute an invitation.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby strikinglyalert » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:02 pm

Black&white and color:
Spoiler:
strikinglyalert
Red Cross Vampire

Next

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)