Comic Discussion Thread - July 2014

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - July 2014

Postby Chuckles » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:19 am

There was one more panel!

Well, we'll have to wait until Wednesday for the Final Thoughts to see if the talking hyenas followed Doc and Judy to Cumberland.

I hope that ex-patient never gets spider-butt, mummy's curse or Paul Bunyan's disease, because he just pissed off the only doctor in Cumberland that even acknowledges those exist. . . .

He probably won't get Paul Bunyan's disease. Only kids get Paul Bunyan's disease, right?
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby Karberus » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:40 am

Does anyone know what Dr. McNinja's reply to Judy meant? I know she said thank you, but I can't remember what his meant.
Karberus
Temple Guard

Postby this » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:18 am

Karberus,

Transliteration: "Sure"
Translation: "You're welcome"
this
Franz Rayner

Postby LaughingTarget » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:27 am

Looks like Doc's starting to make an effort.

That or Judy whipped out the "fuck that guy" gesture I see a lot down in Italy.
LaughingTarget
Lumberjack

Postby dexeron » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Well, Doc learned at least one sign!

That makes me super happy. She puts up with his crazy because at the end of the day there really is some mutual respect going on there.

And she is such a professional...
---
Dexeron: keeping it smooth since 1974.
"Let me tell you what I wish I'd known, when I was young and dreamed of glory.
You have no control: who lives, who dies, who tells your story.
"
dexeron
Lumberjack

Postby LupoCani » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:22 pm

Something just occurred to me- "Why a gorilla" was the first new issue since I came across this comic, and I must say it felt a bit anticlimactic to know the title from the start, as opposed to having it revealed on a title card a few pages in. I don't know why I expected the latter, but still... has anyone tried convincing Hastings not to put the title of the latest issue in the navigation bar until the page after the one with the title card?
LupoCani
Temple Guard

Postby LaughingTarget » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Chuckles wrote:There was one more panel!

Well, we'll have to wait until Wednesday for the Final Thoughts to see if the talking hyenas followed Doc and Judy to Cumberland.

You've been a Dr. McNinja fan for way too long. Nailed the prediction.
LaughingTarget
Lumberjack

Postby Chuckles » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Maybe, but I had no idea what the outcome would be!

Hey, I thought ninjas didn't use guns. . . . ;)
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby LaughingTarget » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Chuckles wrote:Maybe, but I had no idea what the outcome would be!

Sometimes, things are just so horrible it's worth violating a personal code of honor.

Plus, it's just all part of the old circle of life. The plant grows from the ground, the antelope eats the grass, the lion kills the antelope, the hyena eats the remains, the ninja murders the hyena with a gun, the hyena carcass feeds the plants.
LaughingTarget
Lumberjack

Postby skim172 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:00 am

Chuckles wrote:Maybe, but I had no idea what the outcome would be!

The Doc's been carrying that concealed Uzi for ten years just for the express purpose of killing any talking hyenas, and nothing else.

He's spent his entire life in fear.

LaughingTarget wrote:Sometimes, things are just so horrible it's worth violating a personal code of honor.

Plus, it's just all part of the old circle of life. The plant grows from the ground, the antelope eats the grass, the lion kills the antelope, the hyena eats the remains, the ninja murders the hyena with a gun, the hyena carcass feeds the plants.

Actually, the movie clearly shows that the hyenas are not part of the circle of life, because they've been banished to the barren hinterland by Mufasa because ... he doesn't like them very much, I guess? They're apparently "evil", but it's Scar who does all the plotting and betraying, while the hyenas are just really hungry and follow Scar purely on the promise of food. And that's all Mufasa's fault.

Mufasa's a huge hypocrite, really - "Son, all creatures are part of the great circle of life ... except hyenas. Eff those guys. Throw them out to the barrens and let them starve."

"Why, daddy?"

"Because, Simba, the superior species such as ourselves needs to keep separate from the degenerate breed. Only the peaceful herbivores who serve us 'til they die can stay in our territory. The rest must be kept apart from us - 'segregated', if you will - through elephant graveyards, savage pogroms, and separate water fountains."

If you think about it, The Lion King is really pro-apartheid propaganda.

//not really
skim172
Lumberjack

Previous

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)