Comic Discussion Thread - July 2014

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - July 2014

Postby CheeseWhisper » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:21 pm

this wrote:Do high-fiving really have to be done with the dominant hand? Wouldn't one high-five using the arm that's most conveniently located for a given situation?

I think my original question about using his left hand was due to the fact that Judy was on his right. A ninja, like a wizard, should know better.
this wrote:Also, should I be surprised nobody else is wondering how McNinja could be possibly walking around and high-fiving with a popped rib floating in his body?!?

Ninja or no ninja, it has to be very painful...

Maybe they have special ninja clothes that contain injuries (like the blood lost from massive facial trauma).
Last edited by CheeseWhisper on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby LaughingTarget » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Face fiving?

In any case, it doesn't really matter since the alt-text clearly tells us this is the last we will ever see of Judy. She won't be in the story in the future at any point. The alt-text never lies. All hail alt-text!
LaughingTarget
Lumberjack

Postby Motti » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:01 am

I didn't pick up on this from when Judy was signing to overload the translator, but now that I see it abbreviated, I really like how Doc is referring to the college by it's older (1990's) name, rather than the current name. Very nice touch by Chris Hastings.
Motti
Temple Guard

Postby LaughingTarget » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:32 am

Well, wasn't expecting that one. Thought the gorilla in "Why a Gorilla" was the vampire.
LaughingTarget
Lumberjack

Postby Stray Cat » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:43 am

Yeah, take that mystery first-person patient! That quick-thinking gorilla saved Doc's life by giving a tragic she-ape frankenstein an epileptic seizure on a mountaintop!
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby LupoCani » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:17 am

I do hope this one issue isn't over yet, though. Insufficient closure.
LupoCani
Temple Guard

Postby LaughingTarget » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:00 pm

LupoCani wrote:I do hope this one issue isn't over yet, though. Insufficient closure.

I would expect it is. This comes off as a classic lengthy narrative just for a quick punchline, like that one story about the two racehorses that goes on for 40 pages then ends with them being surprised that they saw a talking dog.
LaughingTarget
Lumberjack

Postby CheeseWhisper » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Didn't Chris answer this question with almost the same words back in the Death Volley storyline?
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby strikinglyalert » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:43 pm

CheeseWhisper wrote:Didn't Chris answer this question with almost the same words back in the Death Volley storyline?

Sort of.
strikinglyalert
Red Cross Vampire

Postby LupoCani » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:09 pm

LaughingTarget wrote:
LupoCani wrote:I do hope this one issue isn't over yet, though. Insufficient closure.

I would expect it is. This comes off as a classic lengthy narrative just for a quick punchline, like that one story about the two racehorses that goes on for 40 pages then ends with them being surprised that they saw a talking dog.

Or the alleged longest joke in the world.

Still, would that prevent him from continuing with a few pages to at least give us a clue as to what the hell was up with those hyenas? At the very least I think we can hope for a final thoughts page, he hasn't skipped one of those since D.A.R.E.
LupoCani
Temple Guard

PreviousNext

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)