Comic Discussion Thread - October 2014

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Re: Comic Discussion Thread - October 2014

Postby strikinglyalert » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:32 pm

terrainstinger wrote:Still, I'm sure Ron Wizard could cook up some teleportation [...]

So could Victor's crew.
strikinglyalert
Red Cross Vampire

Postby Chaos Sepher » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:42 am

It is bad enough that McNinja lost "his" Chuck and Dinosaur Chuck, but so long as these Chucks keep coming, that is proof that he future is screwed somehow.
Chaos Sepher
Temple Guard

Postby Stray Cat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:03 am

You know, Chuck is pretty convenient from a storytelling standpoint because, with his premise, you could have him appear out of nowhere and prevent anything on a whim.

We could call it Dues ex Chuckina.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

Postby skim172 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:39 am

Stray Cat wrote:I'm surprised Doc isn't happy to see a new Chuck after the last two so tragically died. Maybe the pheromones are still at work? Or maybe he's afraid of going through yet another traumatic series of time-travel events? The dinosaur stuff would be pretty traumatizing for anyone.

Well, from the Doc's perspective, this isn't his Chuck - it isn't his ol' buddy Mayor-Zombie Defender Chuck. It's just another Chuck - and at this point, there's probably quite a few hanging out already. There's at least Roomba-John Connor Chuck and Rat King-Bodyguard Chuck. So I can see why the Doc wouldn't really be that excited to see this Chuck.

Although ... I sense there's more to this story. I don't think it's just the pheromones or whatever. Something is going on....
skim172
Lumberjack

Postby LupoCani » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:47 am

Indeed. Remember, Chucks only come back to stop apocalypse scenarios. If the president's death would cause that, there's defenitively something larger going on.

About the "Deus ex Chuckina" term- the original phrase translates "god from the machine", referring to the practice in greek theatre to end plots by having gods resolve them, generally after winching down their actors from the ceiling using the scene machinery. If anything, it should be "Chuck from the [time] machine", or Chuck ex Machina.
LupoCani
Temple Guard

Postby Chuckles » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:36 pm

LupoCani wrote:Indeed. Remember, Chucks only come back to stop apocalypse scenarios. If the president's death would cause that, there's defenitively something larger going on.

About the "Deus ex Chuckina" term- the original phrase translates "god from the machine", referring to the practice in greek theatre to end plots by having gods resolve them, generally after winching down their actors from the ceiling using the scene machinery. If anything, it should be "Chuck from the [time] machine", or Chuck ex Machina.

I prefer "deus ex Chuckina", because it means "God in the Chuck" - in other words, Chuck saves our butts. . . .

I guess the official examination and testimony will be later? . . .
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby LaughingTarget » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:20 pm

I wonder if the apocalypses are getting easier to handle or our time portal friend is getting weaker. Each iteration of Future Chuck is getting less and less time to handle the problem. Zombie Chuck had 40 years or so. This one had, maybe, seconds.
LaughingTarget
Lumberjack

Postby Verteiron » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:44 pm

Zombie chuck had 40 years because he miscalculated and his time stabilizer was damaged, though. Could be the MO for Chuck is to arrive AT the critical moment, prevent it, then quietly lose himself to history.

He doesn't look very happy about it, though, does he?
Verteiron
Lumberjack

Postby CheeseWhisper » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:12 am

*grumble* "apocalypse" means "revelation", not "end of the world" *mumble*

Poor sad Doc and Chuck.

By the way, this still doesn't explain why the Secret Service guys broke through the window to get to her.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby Kirisute_Gomen » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:24 am

Shot in the dark crackpot theory: There are no pheromones; President Funkhouser has been replaced with an evil doppelganger from a mirror universe, and that's why she's waving off Doc and New Chuck. I say this only because I want there to be a character named Chuck Badrich.
Kirisute_Gomen
Temple Guard

PreviousNext

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)