Other webcomics you read

For those times in life when you need to have a serious talk.

Other webcomics you read

Postby Michael » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:42 pm

The rules:

• Make the name of the comic into a link.
  • Include at least one sentence saying what it is.
  • Sugar
  • Milk... sorry, this is the wrong list.

So anyway, I thought I'd remake this thread just to plug Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki at you, just for the fact that I can't see the rebranded name of the Sci-Fi channel without seeing that acronym (sgvy) instead. Given it's a webcomic about a young loser who is caught drooling over a magical girl anime and gets turned into a magical girl this makes me laugh.

I'll also drop in Bob The Angry Flower - best known for dedicating a whole strip to holding George Bush's face against a slapping machine, Bob's hobbies include quantum physics, saving the world, enslaving the world, undoing reality for kicks and eating headless cows (no brain, no suffering, science triumphs again). Oh, and he takes Grammar Nazism to a whole new level. Sometimes he builds robots or maybe even monsters (to save the world from in later strips)

I'm sure all the other ones I read will be plugged within the next few posts.
MCMLXXV
Michael
Red Cross Vampire

Re: Other webcomics you read

Postby 42th » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:55 pm

http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/

It features the cast of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but it mainly focuses on Kirby and his exploits.
It's fun for a few laughs.
N.W.A.R.S. ...with the earnestness of philosophers chained to a madhouse wall.
42th
piled higher and deeper
Ninja

Location: Angel Grove, admiring the abandoned building district.

Postby RACHE » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:58 pm

problem sleuth soon to finish, and
sinfest
there's moe but I'm being lazy right now.
Neither rhyme nor reason will make us think the same.
You tell me I'm half crazy,
Well you're insane.
RACHE
Neptune! God of the Sea
Doctor

Postby mikekearn » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:01 pm

Here is a list of what I check on regularly. There are more that I read, but I am either going through the archive and not yet caught up, or they don't update frequently enough for me to post them here. I will also put up when these update (as far as I know).

Cyanide & Happiness - Very simply art, low brow humor, but still makes me laugh. And it updates daily.
SMBC - Better art, but still simple. Lots of crude humor, but also science and math jokes. Also updates daily.
Questionable Content - Indie music jokes and looooooong story arcs. Great artwork at present, and great to see the improvements from the original. Updates M through F.
Penny Arcade - I'll be surprised if most of you don't read this one. Gaming and nerd humor all the way. Updates M-W-F.
XKCD - Also will surprised if you don't read this one. Stick figure art with brilliant writing. Updates M-W-F.
Ctrl-Alt-Del - More gaming comics and nerd humor. Also has periodic story arcs. Updates M-W-F.
Weregeek - Another gaming comic, follows the life of a recently awakened nerd as he immerses himself in nerd culture. Updates M-W-F.
Daisy Owl - An owl and his two human kids, and his friend, who is a bear. There is also a wizard. You have to read it to get it. Updates frequently, but randomly (as far as I can tell).
Looking for Group - Very well drawn, done comic book style. Follows sort of D&D like story, but all in universe. Lots of nerdy references. Updates M-Th.
Buttersafe - Odd comic. In their own words, these "comics will have pictures and probably some words. Nothing else is guaranteed." Updates T-Th.
Basic Instructions - Excellent comic, that does as the title says: offers basic instructions on how to deal with various things. Updates frequently, but randomly (as far as I can tell).
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby Camoninja » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:05 pm

Oh man, I read so many webcomics. I'll just post the small contents of my comics folder here. These are the comics that don't have RSS feeds, I use google reader for everything else.

Sluggy Freelance About... well, a lot of stuff. It's one of the oldest webcomics around. I wouldn't advise trying to read through the entire archive unless you have a couple of months to spare. The main character is Torg, then there's his friend Riff, and then Zoe, and Gwynn. Then they have a homicidal pet bunny, and a hyperactive ferret.

Least I could do this is about a guy who is real smooth with ladies, and does just a lot of crazy stuff. I don't really know how to describe it

Oh, and someone beat me to sinfest (grr)
Last edited by Camoninja on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N.W.A.R.S.
Camoninja
Double Invisible
Doctor

Postby dredsina » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:07 pm

I am going to make a plug for my webcomic.

Those of weak I-can't-stand-shameless-advertisement-or-self-promotion should turn away while they still can! It isn't too late.

Here I go. Just remember the distress button if things get out of hand. It will trigger a silent alarm that will contact the police and maybe a poorly-trained SWAT team. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

It's http://www.americrayon.com/, and it's kind of a variety comic, I guess maybe. It's still in the early stages, so I'm not sure where it's going. The eponymous (sp?) character is a crayon who, along with being annoying, is a major drama queen. Her best friend is a muscular man with a banana head; his name is Banana Flecks. The strips so far chronicle various interactions with other equally-flawed characters she encounters. (Americrayon is a she.) That's all I've got for now. :O

You can uncover your eyes now. It's over.
---
Do you look at signatures?

Do ya?

Well, if you do, you might wanna look at something I've got in my pocket right here. That's it. Come closer. It's a secret. Maybe you might want to come into my van. Shhh, don't tell anyone. It's --

dredsina
Robot Bear

Location: Don't tell anyone, but I am located on the JUAN DE FUCA TECTONIC PLATE.

Postby katschy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Hm. Of the ones I read that haven't been mentioned,

Girl Genius

Penny & Aggie.
katschy
Red Cross Vampire

Postby RACHE » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:19 pm

Might as well put Kate Beaton in here to.
Neither rhyme nor reason will make us think the same.
You tell me I'm half crazy,
Well you're insane.
RACHE
Neptune! God of the Sea
Doctor

Postby dredsina » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Well, I do read Nedroid Comics, because you should.
---
Do you look at signatures?

Do ya?

Well, if you do, you might wanna look at something I've got in my pocket right here. That's it. Come closer. It's a secret. Maybe you might want to come into my van. Shhh, don't tell anyone. It's --

dredsina
Robot Bear

Location: Don't tell anyone, but I am located on the JUAN DE FUCA TECTONIC PLATE.

Postby Camoninja » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:38 pm

dredsina wrote:Well, I do read Nedroid Comics, because I have a crush on Anthony.

why yes, we all know that
N.W.A.R.S.
Camoninja
Double Invisible
Doctor

Next

Return to The Forums of Dr McSerious Face