Terrifying things

For those times in life when you need to have a serious talk.

Re: Terrifying things

Postby the_shankmaster » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm glad you're okay, Mike.
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

Postby mikekearn » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Thanks. It's why I don't like driving in the afternoon, when most people are getting off work and the roads are filled. I was just trying to help someone out.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby starseedjenny » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:16 am

Ongoing conversation with a friend. I've set it out he in bold, I in italics:

I think I may be a sociopath...

Nope. But why?

I just caught myself playing with someone's insecure romantic emotions because I liked the way it felt... so...

explain.

i have no idea how

continue.

i was chatting to this person...just, like, thinking of ways i could build them up and crush them emotionally...it was exhilarating, until i realized what i was doing, then it freaked me out like no other...that's not a good explanation...

did you do it or did you not do it.

no, thankfully i realized what i was doing and gtfo
but, i cant help but really liking the way it felt...
and that is what scares me

what, control?
control feels good aight.

i guess, i dont know what it was

controlling for the sake of controlling? that's why i'm considering putting my fist in your face next time i see you.
it's a question of motivations

i suppose it was just for the sake of controlling...just for my entertainment...i liked having the power to totally hurt someone beyond repair...

So, what with my history and all, I'm having something like a heart attack/brain aneurysm which causes me to want to punch things.
G: Like helplessness experiments. That's the biggest problem in zombie apocalypses. People who survive will always eventually come to question why they bother.
Seamus: The biggest problem in zombie apocalypses is poor planning and not enough ammo.

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Cyberdyne Systems Terminator, Model T-N014.
Batman

Postby Owen » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:54 am

starseedjenny wrote:no, thankfully i realized what i was doing and gtfo
but, i cant help but really liking the way it felt...
and that is what scares me

Your friend is clearly worried about it, which is a good sign. At least he had the decency to realise what he was doing and stop.
Put another way, we all have thoughts we don't like from time to time - it's natural. But it's when we lack that filter that stops us acting on them that we're in trouble.

Yes, your friend did act on them, briefly. But he seems to feel bad about it, and there's a good chance he brought it up with you rather than somebody else because he knew you'd kick his arse for it ;)
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Postby starseedjenny » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Owen wrote:and there's a good chance he brought it up with you rather than somebody else because he knew you'd kick his arse for it ;)

heh I guarantee that's what it was. The thing is that overall I think he's a pretty okay kid but he's got some...weird things, like that, but less of a personal deal to me? And I think overall he's been doing worse and worse morally lately. So this was like WAUGHSDKLFSDLKFN

It's freaking me out less now that it's morning. Still, definitely standing by what I told him last night, which is if it happens again to get psychological help. You know. Immediately after letting me know so I can put a fist in his face.
G: Like helplessness experiments. That's the biggest problem in zombie apocalypses. People who survive will always eventually come to question why they bother.
Seamus: The biggest problem in zombie apocalypses is poor planning and not enough ammo.

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Batman

Postby Owen » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:19 pm

Good on you. Seems like the right response to me.
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Postby Seamus O'Seamus » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:16 pm

This article about alien encounters that are anything but Greys. What's creepiest is that I've been having dreams about the reptile guys on the second page for years.
Remember our bargain, wizard.

Seamus O'Seamus
You!
Doctor

Postby the_shankmaster » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Risked looking at the mothman. Not the scaries version of seen, but still I'm glad I waited until day time.
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

Postby Seamus O'Seamus » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:01 pm

It helps when you realize that most of them sound like band names or baseball teams.
Remember our bargain, wizard.

Seamus O'Seamus
You!
Doctor

Postby starseedjenny » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:47 am

Literally yesterday I crested another giant hump of 'things about college not to be scared of'. I found out one friend is definitely going to school in the same town as the ONE COLLEGE i applied for and want to go to because it's a great school and it has a totally sweet course catalogue and we were squeeing about how it's not so bad now that we're not going totally alone

cue, by dramatic law: today I got a letter from another school offering me full four-year tuition plus stipend if I do, in fact, get a national scholarship I'm pretty sure is in the bag. It's a private school, super nice and super expensive (one year tuition is like $27000) and now I just don't know anymore. Probably nobody I know will be going. It'll be a school filled with the very wealthy and the very talented. But it's good.

I wish they hadn't offered it at all

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Batman

PreviousNext

Return to The Forums of Dr McSerious Face