Politics 2.0

For those times in life when you need to have a serious talk.

Re: Politics 2.0

Postby Owen » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:31 pm

Why? I don't agree with invasion, but the people who run that country are insane. And they're forcing it onto the citizens.
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Postby mikekearn » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:11 am

icehsm wrote:this is what is wrong with america

Do you know what Japan was like before WWII? They had an emperor, who was essentially worshiped as a god by the nation. They would have fought to the death of every last man, woman, and child, had we not dropped the atomic bombs and convinced them that it wasn't worth the deaths of millions of citizens on both sides of the war. Even decades after the war was over there were holdouts who were convinced the war was still going, and would have kept fighting. I will always regret why the bombs were dropped, but I will not regret the course of action itself. What I do hope is that we can learn from that and avoid nuking this planet any further than it already has been.

An invasion into North Korea could be bloody and drawn out, but what I really want is to avoid nukes being fired. We have the technology to shoot down missiles out of the sky, and I think the best thing to do would be to set it up around North Korea to prevent any fired missiles from being able to hit anyone, and then going in and removing the despots from power. It has nothing to do with some gung-ho attitude about kicking ass and taking names, and everything to do with removing a very real threat over the world.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby icehsm » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:13 pm

i like how well you guys can justify genocide/invading anything that moves/ so easily
icehsm
Lumberjack

Postby the_shankmaster » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:09 pm

I like how you keep making critical statements without actually addressing the arguments presented to you.
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

Postby icehsm » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:20 pm

i must be in a bad mood D:, i'm pretty sure i've irreversibly offended some people.

but yeah the rest of the world hates america's attitude towards, well, invading things.
icehsm
Lumberjack

Postby helios » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Woah guys. Calm down here. Let's not degrade into personal attacks. Let's ease up, and get back to North Korea, and how insane it is as a country.
BYX N.W.A.R.S.
Fighting Crime and Corruption since 1935
Not Disregarding Your Freedoms Since 1949
helios
The Goddamn Batman, and Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
Ninja

Previous

Return to The Forums of Dr McSerious Face