Weird Things

For those times in life when you need to have a serious talk.

Re: Weird Things

Postby mistercow.pinoy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Has anyone else ever woken up and realized they're a zombie?
I for one welcome our new computer overlords
mistercow.pinoy
Technologic
Doctor

Location: Amongst the thousands upon thousands of servers that are the entity that is my savior that is Google

Postby Lich king » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:27 pm

BRAAAAAIIIIIIIIIINSSSSS!
N.W.A.RImage Click to see what Rexy says
Spoiler:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... onHardness
Lich king
It's good to be the king
Doctor

Postby mistercow.pinoy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:50 am

I got my haircut today. Reading through twitter just now, @mynameisnick (another nick zamora) also got his cut today too. WEIRD!
I for one welcome our new computer overlords
mistercow.pinoy
Technologic
Doctor

Location: Amongst the thousands upon thousands of servers that are the entity that is my savior that is Google

Postby Owen » Sat May 14, 2011 3:20 pm

Facebook pictures of a friend cosplaying as Quistis from Final Fantasy VIII, and the resemblance (in costume or no) is uncanny. I cannot unsee this.
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Postby starseedjenny » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:48 am

This may or may not be the right thread for this. I also warn that this post smacks strongly of first world problems.

Yesterday was my second day of watching four children, aged two to eleven, and also my little sister. I was exhausted. I fully intended to spend a lot of today sleeping and all of it doing nothing.

Enter mother, and an assignment to clean the pantry.

I have one piece of life advice for each and every one of you, and that is: Never get involved in cleaning and/or organizing a Mormon family's pantry. These many pictures I took to document the horror will hopefully illustrate for you why. (I apologize in advance; didn't bother to shrink any of the pictures. I also don't have an overall "before" picture because I decided to document the process after I'd started it.) Note that I began working on this pantry at about 1:15 p.m. and, working nearly continuously, didn't finish until about 11:30 p.m..

After messing with some of the extra appliances on the very top shelf and getting them into some kind of order, I first took every can out of the pantry so I could group them properly before returning them to the pantry. I found more cans than I expected. Here they are, covering my kitchen.

Spoiler:

I chose about a quarter of the cans to go into the storage room in the garage instead of returning to the pantry, put the rest of them back in their places, and then elected to gut the pantry of its horribly messy baking section. Note that many things in the pictures are not visible, and that I also consolidated five or six sacks of flour and sugar into their daily use containers before taking them.

Spoiler:

The Shelf of Miscellaneous Crap was a joy, as well. While I was working on this section, mom and my sister returned, unbelievably, with groceries.

Spoiler:

The cereal in this pantry had been kept thrown onto the top shelf, well above my head. I had no idea how much freaking cereal we had until I took it all down and put it in order.

Spoiler:

Not to mention the too-many boxes already open:

When those were put in their places, I was able to work on the part of the pantry containing snack type foods.

Spoiler:

I cleaned the floor, put some errant soup cans away, and then I was finished. You didn't get to see a "before" picture. Rest assured, I tore this pantry apart. I beat it and I made it cry and I made it like it. And it's glorious.

Spoiler:

Then, I went and made space in the storage room in the garage, which I also have pictures of, just for giggles.

Spoiler:

Those cardboard boxes are all bulk food items, by the way. Also, the large silver cans.

And that, my dear people, is why I consider rural Utah an opponent equal to the zombie apocalypse.
G: Like helplessness experiments. That's the biggest problem in zombie apocalypses. People who survive will always eventually come to question why they bother.
Seamus: The biggest problem in zombie apocalypses is poor planning and not enough ammo.

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Cyberdyne Systems Terminator, Model T-N014.
Batman

Postby Owen » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:04 am

starseedjenny wrote:And that, my dear people, is why I consider rural Utah an opponent equal to the zombie apocalypse.

She reads minds now, too! Exactly what I was thinking when I saw those pictures >.>
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Postby mikekearn » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:20 am

Same here.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby Seamus O'Seamus » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:35 pm

Remember our bargain, wizard.

Seamus O'Seamus
You!
Doctor

Postby starseedjenny » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:01 pm

shut up, that's awesome
G: Like helplessness experiments. That's the biggest problem in zombie apocalypses. People who survive will always eventually come to question why they bother.
Seamus: The biggest problem in zombie apocalypses is poor planning and not enough ammo.

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Cyberdyne Systems Terminator, Model T-N014.
Batman

Postby helios » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:15 am

I do love me some Wotjak.
BYX N.W.A.R.S.
Fighting Crime and Corruption since 1935
Not Disregarding Your Freedoms Since 1949
helios
The Goddamn Batman, and Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
Ninja

PreviousNext

Return to The Forums of Dr McSerious Face