Dream Discussion

For those times in life when you need to have a serious talk.

Re: Dream Discussion

Postby the_shankmaster » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:08 am

Lollll I hate those dreams where you are nor prepared.
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

Postby starseedjenny » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:45 am

I was in the first week of living in the dorms.

My room was as tiny as I expect it to be irl, but there were four beds and four girls living in it instead of two.

It sucked.
G: Like helplessness experiments. That's the biggest problem in zombie apocalypses. People who survive will always eventually come to question why they bother.
Seamus: The biggest problem in zombie apocalypses is poor planning and not enough ammo.

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Cyberdyne Systems Terminator, Model T-N014.
Batman

Postby the_shankmaster » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:21 pm

As far back as I can remember (I'm pretty sure there was more) my parents had bought a big house to rent out and were fixing it up. I asked what the rent would be because I figured I could split it with some friends, but my parents didn't tell me because they didn't want to rent it to me. Then it was my friend Cindy's house instead and I was looking for her to tell her something. I walked into this huge room where a lot of people were gathered. to hear someone talk.

The guy turned out to be a webcomic artist for a webcomic I wasn't really into, but he seemed like a cool guy so I sat down to listen. The talk ended up being really awesome. Then the bell rang, and it turned out this was actually a class offered by my high school, and I was enrolled in it. As I was leaving, a teacher stopped me and said "you know this isn't a requited class, right?" "I know," I said, "but I fulfilled all my requirements, so I figured, why not take some fun classes?" She smiled and said "well, that's really dumb. Done or not, you won't get any recognition if you're not taking at least four core classes. "I am," I told her. "You think all my classes are like this?" Then I walked away to get to math class.

I didn't now where my math class was. I didn't know who my math teacher was. I didn't even know what kind of math I was taking. I realized I was having a "can't find my class dream" before I could panic, and I decided to just walk into any room, and it would be the right class. But then, instead of just walking into the first room I came across. I figured I'd try to look for a teacher I would enjoy having. I saw a teacher coming so I ducked down another hall. I was upstairs so I made a pole appear that I could slide down to the lover level. I slid down too far and ended up under ground. I decided to explore, but the passage kept getting smaller and smaller until I couldn't stand up straight. This wasn't what I wanted so I made the ceiling higher.

I ran into a woman and a small boy. They were freaking out because they couldn't find a way back up. I found an emergency exit and read the sign that said "alarm will sound." I figured "that's great, I'll open the door and even if it doesn't lead anywhere, the alarm will go off and someone will have to come down to see who opened the door." No alarm went off, but behind the door was an elevator. We got in and rode it up.

The elevator got stuck between floors. I climbed out through a small passage and ended up in a hallway full of people who weren't paying any attention to me. I managed to whistle and people looked at me. I told them there were people stuck in the elevator, so they got someone to bring the elevator up. When the door opened I saw the woman and the boy sitting on the floor holding each other. There were about six people on board with them, who hadn't been there when I'd left. They didn't talk to anyone, but made their way off the elevator, fading as they exited. I realized that they were angels, looking over the boy and the woman. Then it turns out the whole scene had been part of the webcomic, and that the artist was Christian.

I ran into him later, with Thinzar, and he had us do this wall climbing exercise. He demonstrated first, then I was next. He offered me his hand near the top but I waved it off, and even though it was terrifying, I managed to pull myself up. He asked me if I was pregnant and I said no. He said that was weird because his scanners for the exercise were picking up weird energy. We looked over the edge to see how Thinzar was doing, but she had let of of the wall and instead was holding onto one of her lightsaber replicas, and she was levitating. Thinzar was a Jedi.

That's all I remember.
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

Postby starseedjenny » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:26 pm

I'm so jealous of the lucid dreams. Also, the last thing you remember is awesome.

Someone died, and we found that they could come back to life, them and their immediate family, due to, I dunno, some kind of one-time spell or something. So they were totally stoked and helped a brother or something come back to life. But then THAT guy was like "NO this is stupid I can't live without my brother" and we're like "DUDE CHILL WE GOT THIS where is your brother buried" but he keeps talking about his brother and after a while it becomes clear that it's not his actual biological brother, it's a BFF, but he won't let it go so we decide it's worth a shot, so we go to Italy to find his brother.

We get to the massive, massive...communal tomb, or catacombs, which we think has been out of use for a long time, except there are still people dragging more bodies inside. We wait until they're done and gone and go in a side door. The guy whose brother we're looking for chickens out and stays outside to "keep watch." So the three of us remaining go in like bosses.

About five steps inside I start having second thoughts about the whole thing, and getting creeped out, because at some point just before this the dream decided that everybody in this tomb is somewhat alive, but they just can't LEAVE unless they're an immediate relative of this guy. I consider turning around and leaving but ultimately don't. And that's when we see something dark fly past the end of the hall we're in. And then another. And another.

It's the half-dead things, and they're really fast.

Their skin is either gray or black. They wear black cloaks.

Things go bad immediately. We'd planned to just walk around asking everyone the guy's name until we found him, but they're all pretty hostile and start coming after us so we scatter and run. They catch one of us immediately. I hide. But the half-dead know the tombs, they know all the hiding places, so I have to keep moving.

I somehow intercept what I interpret as an instant message transmitted directly to my brain, except it wasn't meant for me. It says something like, "The second one is on the second floor, in Angelo's hall." So I know they're really organized and psychic in some way, or somebody's helping them get to us somehow. I hide again.

Next time I move, I run past an open door and there's this pale guy, with dirt on his face and a black robe on, at some totally insane, complicated computer. He's obviously not dead and I know this is who's been sending them messages. So I run in there and he's all "what" and I'm just like "please, come on, we're just trying to help them, pleeease." He looks at me for a second and slings me over his shoulder and carries me through a couple hallways. We get to an intersection and he puts me down next to my friends, between the two half-dead who are flanking them.

The pale guy pulls out a smallish handgun and points it at one of my friends. She stays calm and he says if she can recognize the things he says he won't shoot her. But then he starts saying weird things, bible references, obscure exact lines from classic literature, moving on from one to another before she can react. She stays totally stony-faced toward all this while I'm blubbering because she's about to die, but the guy smiles and lowers the gun, evidently because she was such a boss about it.

He goes with us to try and find who we're looking for. Now that we have a guide and nobody's coming after us I'm not afraid. I pull out my ipod and play "Big Rock Candy Mountain" as we look for some reason.

Woke up before we found him though.
G: Like helplessness experiments. That's the biggest problem in zombie apocalypses. People who survive will always eventually come to question why they bother.
Seamus: The biggest problem in zombie apocalypses is poor planning and not enough ammo.

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Batman

Postby the_shankmaster » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:05 pm

JENNY THAT IS SO SCARY!

Also, I'm pretty sure my dreams are only half-lucid, cause why do I always try to go to class even when I know it's a dream?
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

Postby starseedjenny » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:24 pm

It totally was ._______. I'm glad it got better before I woke up because I'd still be creeped out

I think that's how lots of people's lucid dreams are. Because you don't have anything better to do in a world you can manipulate to your whims, right? ;p

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Batman

Postby the_shankmaster » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Lolllll after I posted that dream I went back to sleep and got this.

So it starts out as just Facebook rp, only there’s a cheesy virtual world your characters can move around in to interact with other characters. Like Habbo Hotel or something. So my little Bekowsky avi’s going around with Roxana’s little Cole, and then some dudes show up and start chasing us. We split up and I find this hidden door and go through it. It leads into this really dark and really tight passage way and I start freaking out and feeling like I can’t breathe so I manage to get myself turned around and get back out. But I’m apparently so freaked out now that I’m completely confused about everything, so when I spot Cole’s unsername in the distance (they’re floating above everyone’s heads) I run away from him, as if he was the one who was after me in the first place.

At some point I’m no longer an avi of Bkow, but I’m actually Bkow. Well, I’m a me-sized Bkow (but not me-shaped, I just look like a smaller version of him). When I get tired of running back and forth, trying to keep Cole from spotting me, I go over to the bar. The bartender sees that I look distressed and asks me what’s wrong. I ask him about the little tight passageway. He explains to me that that’s where blocked users are sent, as punishment. I told him I went in there by mistake and that I’ve been feeling funny ever since. He tells me that most people who come out of there, do feel kind of disturbed and even ill, so he gives me a drink to make me feel better. I drink some of it, but most of it ends up spilled on my shirt (I actually did this in purpose, to kind of sell how messed up I was feeling. My dreams are often about acting the part). I thanked him and went back on my way.

I ran into this guy who was supposed to be Bkow’s ex-boyfriend. He was really happy to see me, in kind of a sleazy way, and he kept touching on me as he was doing his whole “it’s been a long time, it’s so good to see you, how’ve you been” spiel. I finally got a word in and told him I had a boyfriend. He looked mad for a second, then he shoved me against this wall of lockers. (Remember, I’m me-sized. That’s 5’2 and 110 lbs.) He forced himself between my legs and lifted me off the ground a bit and shoved his tongue in my mouth. He opened up one of the upper lockers next to me, then shoved me inside, so I was sitting at the right level for him to easily kiss me. I was trying to push him back, but he managed to get my shirt open. I finally shoved him off of me and hopped down from the locker, ready to make a run for it and Cole was right there.

I realize that I’m supposed to be taller than Cole, so I grow a bit, though not much. He gets a little smaller to compensate. I start trying to explain to Cole what happened, and my ex is just standing there with a sleazy “yeah right” kind of smile. Cole looks back and forth between the two of us. “Cole, you’ve got to believe me,” I say, and Cole decks the guy. “He’s right, you know,” he says to my ex, now on the floor. “If I love Bekowsky, then past behavior outweighs current circumstances.” Then he started pouring gasoline on the guy to set him on fire.

This girl walks up and starts telling Cole about a fire that was used as part of the set for her school play. She shows us how they did the fire, and it’s pretty neat, but we forget all about my ex, so the dream ends before Cole burns him to death.
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

Postby Seamus O'Seamus » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:01 am

I dreamed that I was awake.

This dream gave me two things: A good title for a poetry collection, and the roughest night of actual sleep I've had in years. I dreamed that I was awake, lying in my bed at 10:30 PM with the lights on. I was trying to sleep and for whatever reason I couldn't turn the lights off. There was much fussing and trying to block out the light, but I couldn't keep my eyes shut either.

Cut to later, sometime around 11. Lights are out but I still can't sleep. It's now very warm in my room.

1:30. There's a black mesh-like haze over every object in the room, like my reality is an Xbox that's about to get the Red Ring of Death.

2. Spinning in bed like a crocodile's got me in the death roll.

3. Staring at the wall. Yell "WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME" at one point.

6 AM. Am now on a sports field, clinging fiercely to a cup of hot cocoa, hoping out of spite that neither team scores.

I really don't know.
Remember our bargain, wizard.

Seamus O'Seamus
You!
Doctor

Postby Owen » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:26 am

Seamus O'Seamus wrote:6 AM. Am now on a sports field, clinging fiercely to a cup of hot cocoa, hoping out of spite that neither team scores.

:D

I fell asleep watching Friends and now all I can remember is that my dreams had a distinct 90s-sitcom feel to them.
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Postby the_shankmaster » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:51 am

Aw Seamus. Psuedo-insomnia freakin sucks.
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

PreviousNext

Return to The Forums of Dr McSerious Face