Dream Discussion

For those times in life when you need to have a serious talk.

Dream Discussion

Postby the_shankmaster » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:10 am

Talk about your dreams here! They can be about anything, though it they're scary, gory, or sexually explicit please put them behind spoiler tags and warn what kind of content they contain. You can also do this if they are long. I have tons and tons of fun dreams I can talk about here, but I'll get started with a simple one.

I had a dream that my stepdad was smoking cigars with Obama.
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

Re: Dream Discussion

Postby helios » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:38 am

I don't really dream. This makes me sad sometimes. But then I realize that no dreams mean no nightmares, which is great!
BYX N.W.A.R.S.
Fighting Crime and Corruption since 1935
Not Disregarding Your Freedoms Since 1949
helios
The Goddamn Batman, and Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
Ninja

Postby mikekearn » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:41 am

Oh man, I have tons of strange dreams. My favorite is the one where I was a LEGO character, from the LEGO Adventures series. It's basically a ripoff Indiana Jones thing from before they actually had the right to do Indiana Jones sets. Anyway, I was an adventurer, and had just escaped from a tomb that had some ancient treasure or another in it. As I ran with my requisite sidekick, mentor, and female companion, we got stuck in a pit of quicksand, and all died. It was a very abrupt ending.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby the_shankmaster » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:57 am

Sounds like a cool dream even if you died.

Helios, a lot of people have trouble remembering their dreams, to the point of thinking they don't have any. I bet if you monitored your brain waves, though, you'd show just as much activity as anyone else. Maybe your mind just doesn't find them important enough to remember. You're right about the nightmare thing, though. I've had a lot of those.
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

Postby starseedjenny » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:23 pm

As soon as I saw the thread title, the last shreds of my dream last night disappeared :(
G: Like helplessness experiments. That's the biggest problem in zombie apocalypses. People who survive will always eventually come to question why they bother.
Seamus: The biggest problem in zombie apocalypses is poor planning and not enough ammo.

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Cyberdyne Systems Terminator, Model T-N014.
Batman

Postby Alex » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:40 pm

My most recent weird dream was a lucid one, as in I knew I was dreaming. It had something to do with my dad working for the government as some sort of agent or something like that. I was half awake thinking inside my dream, "this is stupid, Dad would never have this kind of job..."
I'm totally a dude you guys.
Alex
Lumberjack

Postby RACHE » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:42 pm

Are you sure it was a dream, or do they only want you to think it was a dream?
Neither rhyme nor reason will make us think the same.
You tell me I'm half crazy,
Well you're insane.
RACHE
Neptune! God of the Sea
Doctor

Postby katschy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:47 pm

Why are you going to bed without your tinfoil helmet? Sheesh!!

Uh, to stay on topic and avoid the Wrath of Cam(oninja), there's a recurring theme in my dreams that has popped up in several since I was a kid: a secret passageway/secret room inside a familiar house. I think that this particular theme is the result of my having spent countless hours in my great-grandmother's ancient farmhouse, which actually had separate staircases and corridors for the servants (who were, of course, no longer there by the time I was playing there). It was always fascinating to me that there were "special" places in the house for different people--as a kid, of course, I didn't get the whole issue of servitude, I just thought it was cool.
katschy
Red Cross Vampire

Postby RACHE » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:05 pm

I have a love hate relationship with one dream. Not really even a dream in that something happens but when I wake up in the morning, when I'm not being torn out of bed by the alarm clock, I get kinda caught in this half awake half asleep zone. Sometimes I come around with this warm feeling of someone lying right beside me. I know who it is and I know its impossible and the moment I actually think about it it all fades away, but while I'm there, I'm probably the happiest I've ever been. When I come round though I feel like an idiot for being tricked again and for the rest of the morning I feel very cold and alone. Other than that I don't really remember dreams at all.
Neither rhyme nor reason will make us think the same.
You tell me I'm half crazy,
Well you're insane.
RACHE
Neptune! God of the Sea
Doctor

Postby katschy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:12 pm

That's so sad! But you know, that sort of thing is quite common. I have ghost-cats (anyone who owns a cat knows about ghost-cats). I will be lying in bed and actually feel my (long-deceased) cat Klunk hop up on the bed, mince up to lie next to my knee, and curl up to sleep. From habit I put my hand down to pet her, and there's nothing there (not even my very alive cat, Piccolo). Madness!

When I was in Japan I was struck with a sudden and very extreme case of rheumatoid arthritis (which, for the uninitiated, is an auto-immune disease, and not related to my then not-particularly-advanced age :P). I was literally crippled by the pain and inflammation, and couldn't get up out of bed (one of my co-workers came in every day to cook for me!). One day I was half-asleep (or maybe all the way asleep) and I could feel my mom beside me, rubbing my left arm to help ease the pain; and it did help, and the pain was greatly reduced. Then I woke up and realised she wasn't there at all, and I think I cried for an hour, because of the pain and the homesickness and wanting my mom to be there to rub my arm for real. :(
katschy
Red Cross Vampire

Next

Return to The Forums of Dr McSerious Face