Dream Discussion

For those times in life when you need to have a serious talk.

Re: Dream Discussion

Postby starseedjenny » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:32 am

seamus how did you even know most of that was a dream
G: Like helplessness experiments. That's the biggest problem in zombie apocalypses. People who survive will always eventually come to question why they bother.
Seamus: The biggest problem in zombie apocalypses is poor planning and not enough ammo.

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Cyberdyne Systems Terminator, Model T-N014.
Batman

Postby Seamus O'Seamus » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Because the top stopped spinning when I woke up.
Remember our bargain, wizard.

Seamus O'Seamus
You!
Doctor

Postby starseedjenny » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:34 am

G: Like helplessness experiments. That's the biggest problem in zombie apocalypses. People who survive will always eventually come to question why they bother.
Seamus: The biggest problem in zombie apocalypses is poor planning and not enough ammo.

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Batman

Postby Owen » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:26 am

Spoiler:
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Postby helios » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:43 pm

That comic is basically my life.
BYX N.W.A.R.S.
Fighting Crime and Corruption since 1935
Not Disregarding Your Freedoms Since 1949
helios
The Goddamn Batman, and Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
Ninja

Postby starseedjenny » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:14 am

I had a dream that someone threw me into a slightly different world/dimension to go to school in, in which everything would suck more.

I was walking around campus trying to find a particular theatre. I found it and went in behind a group of people. The last (huge) guy held the door open for me. I passed through and said thank you. He replied, "Next time I see you, I'm going to hurt you."

The next day I had to go to that theatre again; I did my business in there--I was checking out some play auditions, though due to everything sucking I didn't get a part--and then left, except there wasn't a door to go out through, but instead was a tight hole to crawl out of. I saw the guy from the day before as I got on my stomach; I was halfway through and a hand grabbed my ankle and started beating the lower half of my body. I screamed for help until someone finally came over and pulled me out.

I was then shown that the dorm I would be staying in was all the way across the city-sized campus, so that nobody could follow me home. Campus was outfitted with a whole-campus elevator system; room numbers never repeated from building to building, so I hit the number that was my room and the elevator took me up and down alone every building between the first one and my dorm. The trip took like an hour.

When I left my dorm the next morning, the guy was standing in my hall waiting for me. He got into the elevator behind me and rode with me without saying anything. That night, we went and saw a show together. Not sure how we got from that point A to that point B because either I don't remember or the dream skipped it. So, his dorm is closer than mine, so I take the elevator with him, and a group of homies, to his. Once we get there, the elevator breaks. It's a long, long way to my own dorm and I don't have any way to get there; a friend suggests I stay with this dude. I'm like "what, I don't know..." and everyone's like "come on it's no big deal." It is clear to me that for some reason they are all determined that we have sex at some point, and that staying in his dorm is the first step in a multi-night process to that end, but I'm like "lol this isn't my dimension, I'm literally not staying here long enough for your silly scheme to work" and I've gotten to kind of like him and he's stopped being a friggin psycho so I'm like "okay fine what choice do I have" and then I'm like "wait I don't have any pajamas" and then I'm like "ffuu who cares" and I take off my pants because the shirt I'm wearing goes down to my knees and it doesn't actually matter. We go in and his roommate is cuddling some girl in his bed. They talk to us for a minute and then we go to sleep.

The next morning, the elevator is working, so I get in. It's a huge elevator and there are benches all around the edges. I'm taking it across the city, so I ask the other people in there what floors they're trying to get to within the building, because I don't want to make them take a two-hour round trip just to get back basically to where they started. They're all like "oh it's okay I can wait" and I have to coax the floors out of them and hit the buttons and take them to their floors one by one; they aren't cooperating at all. And then finally I got home.

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Batman

Postby the_shankmaster » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:47 pm

Feat. Seamus and Jenny

I was at the fair and in line to talk to some psychic who would apparently give me life-changing advice and then put green paint on me. When it was my turn he told me that I wouldn't have to worry so much about what people thought of me if I did something awesome, because then everyone would like me. I wasn't very happy with this and I didn't let him put the paint on me. I ran into Seamus, who had been a bit ahead of me in line, and he had green paint on him. He told me his advice was all right, but he didn't like mine, either. We spotted Jenny leaving, and we called out to her, but she was too far away to hear. We followed her out and tried to catch up to her, but we had a lot of trouble getting up this muddy hill because we were wearing sandals. We never did catch her.
the_shankmaster
What's a dimension?
Batman

Postby starseedjenny » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:04 am

D: aw man

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Batman

Postby starseedjenny » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:38 am

In my dream, there was a creepy little kid rooming with me, who was always sitting in the middle of the room when he was in a good mood, and sat under the bed and looked super demonic when he was mad or something.

And then I went to the cafeteria and I was apparently working there. Someone came in waving a gun, and she was all yelling about some or other governmental policy that needed to be changed. Someone tried to take her down and got shot. The person yelled something like, "The next person who says something stupid gets shot, too!" I raised my hand like "Okay hold on let me talk to you" and tried to explain that this is a freshman cafeteria in a private university in Utah and that nobody here has the power to make changes to government policy. She got mad and shot me (I think in the hip?) so I hit the ground obviously and pretty much became all wrapped up in me for a few minutes. When I started paying attention to what was going on again, she was mowing people down. They had to drag seven bodies out of there when it was over, and I remember them cleaning up the blood while I was still lying there.

I guess I got taken care of, because eventually I went back to my room. When I went places, invariably someone would recognize me and come say I was brave for trying to handle the situation, but then nobody else around would have any idea who I was.

For days and days, I never saw my creepy roommate kid, so I guess he moved out.

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Batman

Postby starseedjenny » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:54 am

Double post. This was more intricate than this but I can only remember pieces. Not that it isn't weird and awesome enough as it is.

I guess I was a new member of some gang. We went to a mall to do some sort of horrible gang thing. There was some kind of zombie-themed promotion going on, which doesn't matter, except after we'd been there and split up for a few minutes we started realizing one by one that some of the actors were not actors but were real zombies.

The situation was manageable; there weren't very many of them, and we knew we could detect the real zombies from the fake ones before any of them bit us, but I also got the sense that their numbers were slowly increasing and I wanted to get out before it became a real problem. I went looking for teh boss to tell him I was leaving; I found him under a great, big, central spiral staircase and went up to him. "Boss," I said, "I'm gonna leave, I don't like this. I want to get out before there are too many of them." He grabbed his gun and pointed it at my forehead, saying something about nobody leaving like a disloyal coward this early, and that we all stay until we all leave and he was saying we were staying. I felt sure I was going to die.

Someone yelled from somewhere up in the staircase. We both looked up to see Bruce Wayne leaning over one of the inner rails, yelling something about how he'd pay my boss off to quit shooting people (I got the impression that he'd maybe just gotten in and just barely started to figure out that anything was wrong in here, having not had time to go change into his getup and come back yet). For some reason I knew *who he was*, so I was all glibly waving at him. Batman was on the loop of the staircase just above Bruce, and he's the one who ended up seeing me and kinda sarcastically waving back (No, I'm not sure why my dream thought they could be in two places at once. Clearly it knew they were the same person...)

Around this point, things began to be a real problem. There were too many zombies and they weren't cute and easy to deal with anymore. I don't know where Batman and/or Monseigneur Wayne had gone. Probably to swish around/find someone to swish around a few beakers in an attempt to synthesize a cure. My boss stopped trying to kill me for leaving, so I left, but there were a lot of zombies going the same way, too. I found that if I moved slowly and breathed in a rattle, I could go pretty much undetected.

There seemed to be some zombies who retained some measure of sentience, who were in denial that they were zombies. I ended up having to shuffle quite some distance alongside some zombie girl whose lip was rotting off, who kept prattling about something or other and looking at me like she was hungry whenever I stopped breathing funny for a few seconds.

Eventually I guess I got away because next thing I remember, I was in a "safebox," which was basically a very large wooden crate attached somehow right onto the vertical side of a building. This particular building had probably fifteen safeboxes essentially stapled to the side of it. I shared a safebox with a couple other people. Ours didn't seem to be very stable; the floor was severely slanted and I was terrified the entire time I was in it that it was going to drop off. When one of us moved, the whole thing shifted and creaked and bounced.

There was a window in the side, and something outside I needed. I opened the window to grab it and the wind blew some little papers that were just inside the window out. I felt really bad and asked the other couple whether any of the papers were important. The girl got mad and said yes, I'd lost a paper with an important password on it, but her dude remembered it from the last time he'd seen it so it was okay.

I think I woke up pretty soon after that. I don't remember anything else.

N.W.A.R.S
starseedjenny
Batman

PreviousNext

Return to The Forums of Dr McSerious Face