The Jukebox

For those times in life when you need to have a serious talk.

The Jukebox

Postby 42th » Fri May 27, 2011 3:43 am

We don't have a serious music discussion forum, SO here we are.

To get us kicked off, I know you're all familiar with the blogosphere, but specifically there exists the musical blogosphere, where people upload out of print/rare/old vinyl and cassettes for visitors to download for free.

The best entry point to that world is WFMU's Beware of the Blog, especially Doug Shulkind's Give the Drummer Some's installments which acts more or less as a meta-blog filter. He posts everything from Prohibition era jazz to Sub-Saharan Afro-Funk to old Appalachia fiddle music and EVERYTHING in between. I know I've came across a few gems that he's posted.

P.S.
Part 1 of 3 of the official Portal 2 soundtrack free for download
N.W.A.R.S. ...with the earnestness of philosophers chained to a madhouse wall.
42th
piled higher and deeper
Ninja

Location: Angel Grove, admiring the abandoned building district.

Re: The Jukebox

Postby mikekearn » Fri May 27, 2011 5:06 am

I'll have to check that out. I'm pretty bad about seeking out new music. Usually I just listen to whatever is on the radio and that's that. Not that there isn't lots of great music on the radio, it's just kinda mainstream and whitewashed, which does get tedious after a while.

Speaking of Portal, I found what I think is the original version of this site you linked in the other thread. Yours is much cooler, but the original doesn't require HTML5, so that's nice for people who have older browsers.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Return to The Forums of Dr McSerious Face